Charliee asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

I cannot handle school anymore?

So I'm 13, in year 9 and live in the uk, I understand that education is important but its been really getting to me. I have depression although its not medically diagnosed and I haven't gotten help for it, but I know I have it. My mum would be VERY upset if I went to a gp, to tell my doctor, and she would think I'm ungrateful(long story), so I'm really just building up courage to tell someone.

I started school today and hated it, I was so scared I was gonna have a break down today. I was so scared I was gonna cry, be centre of attention then have to explain why I was crying, I hate school so bad.

1. The "bad" students waste the other students time by misbehaving so we don't get the "full" lesson, and it annoys me, its REALLY selfish , it makes the teachers think we're all like that, cause they've had enough and also, they're humans too, and why bother going to a lesson if you're only going to be taught a little bit, and not even correctly.

2. Its frustrates me to know that I have to do the work and homework for subject I really don't care about, etc, geography, history, science .. , if there were any "useful" information, why don't they just teach us that.

3. I don't know what's wrong with me but sometimes I haven anxiety or anxiety like attacks when I think about how long school is and how I have no freedom, not in like selfish way but, I feel "closed" when I think about or realise that I cannot just escape from situations or just go out for my state of mind without a valid reason or my mum picking me up.

4. Its even harder to go through the day when you need to cry, but you can't because there's no where to hide or escape or anybody to help you or save you. Today in history, I literally had to close my eyes and put my jumper under my eyes(discreetly) to stop the tears or to prevent them. I literally had to lie to my self JUST to keep sane and not cry. I would tell my self "only 5 minutes then you're out of here, you can go home and sleep, you can go on a

Bus journey, you can go help an old woman across the road, you can do anything you want without consequences". I LITERALLY had to keep telling myself that. Just to keep sane, just to prevent all the questions from when I break down or when people notice I'm crying. I don't get bullied or anything , I have "friends", I say "friends" because they're part of my "keep sane project" they help me keep sane, but they don't know that. Its gonna be even worse in year 10 because my sisters joining the school, and I know how some stupid students can be .. Loud, selfish, vain, rude. And I don't want any of them to upset her, I don't even want any of them to LOOK at her a bad way, or talk about her. And I KNOW that its going to make me mad, just thinking about the fact that if anyone does talk about her I wouldn't know because its not like they're just going to announce to me that they talked about her. I don't know if this is j

Favorite Answer

If you can't tell your mum tell a teacher you trust. If it makes it any easier ask then to tell her at the start of a school day so she has time to think about it rather than her just crying and crying infront of you. If your in this bad of a position you need to tell someone just to get it off your chest. Im in year 9 as well i have a whole load of different problems to you (by the sounds of it) yet its leads to the same thing depression anziety and self harm. Childine are really good to help you, i have been speaking to them since i was 11 and they have really helped me feel more relaxed they only know what you tell them, they dont even need to know your name. I understand that its hard to talk as i started talking to the several times and ended up either hanging up or turning me laptop off. But keep on trying to get the courage. You can either talk to them through their website or you can call them. Hope ive helped.xxx

Source(s): Experience<3
  • 9001

1) Bad students suck. They are always gonna be there, even in college (I am college right now, and these idiots are everywhere)

2) Current education is pretty bad in most western countries due to the fact the government cares so much about test scores on a worldwide level. So as a result, teachers are forced to teach stuff that doesn't really help in practical life, but it makes the nation look good if the students ace these tests. So again, not much can be dont about that. However, in year 11 and 12, you have more freedom to choose your classes :)

3) You should definitely go to the doctor. Make up some lie to your mom to force her to take you to her. Or if that's not possible, go to your guidance counselor at your school, they will listen, its their job.

4) I don't know the relationship between you and your mom, but if its a good relationship (Your mom doesn't hate you and you don't hate your mom), talk to her. You need someone close to vent your feelings. It will feel much better. You have to tell someone, bottling it up will make the feelings worse.

Source(s): Been there, passed it

Visit blackdogtribe.com for online support.. Also Ur selfesteem is very low right now. U need to find ways to improve it, look online for tips. Also try learning and doing new things; start small and this will give u a sense of achievement. .. Visit yourlifeyourvoice.org to talk to a free online councellor.. Look up exercise and depression online it releases endorfins which improve mood and brain chemistry. and Art Therapy; channelling what ur feeling into something creative helps ur brain process the negativity in ur head. also find some volunteer work; helping others or nature builds selfesteem, gives life new meaning gives perspective and good karma... u dont have to believe in god but finding some spirituality can really help and good karma is a good start... basically research all u can on depression then when u find things that help come on here and share with the other deprrssed people, more good karma. Why not join clubs groups and activities in ur community where you ll meet like minded people. Or challenge urself by joining groups u wouldnt normally be interested in.  good luck and dont be afraid of going to ur doctor, be totally honest and they ll understand and be able to help; medication can work wonders, like lifting a weight from ur shoulders.

M8 im 13 and in year 9 myself, its hard but ur going to have to think about it and get a grip. Bad students are mostly retards, but alot of them have there fair share of arguments and depression at home which is why they take it out on people at school, just answer them back n make sure they dont piss u off, if u talk bk they think **** he has balls n wont mess with u, n plus bad students are people tht grow up to be bin men so just think ule be done with school in a few years with a good job but they wid hve ruined there lifes. Wen u get to gcse ule get to pic topics tht intrest u rather than chosen topics so put up with it now n ule be sorted later, just try n like history n geography cuz for now u hve to do it. Theres no reason to cry, no one likes school but u just hve to try, besides few more years n ule be done, who knows ule eventaully like school, do fun stuff like sports if u like it.

Just try tell ur mom, if not go to the hospital urself n talk to them, u cant bottle ur feelings up, u hve to step up now ur gettin older

Seems like you're having a hard time babe :( you have to tell someone about it, otherwise you'll have to the state of multilating yourself or even trying to kill yourself...