Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 7 years ago

How easy will it be to live for a year/get around in Chengdu China w/out a car for Groceries,Work and Fun?

I haven't decided to go to Chengdu yet but I am strongly considering it. I don't want to be house-bound for a year because it takes an hour to walk/bike different places. Should I choose a city like Shanghai over somewhere like Chengdu?

Favorite Answer

I lived seven years in China without a car. Most places have small shops close by that don't take an hour to get to, but other destinations may take that long! Considering that the majority of the Chinese populations manages without a car, I imagine that you will be able to as well.

• Walle

Chengdu should have similar public transportation infrastructure as shanghai, public transport is better than a car in chinese cities its cheaper and faster to get around.

As most people in China do not own a car, it shouldn't be too much trouble for you to get around using public transportation.