Samantha asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

Can I die from taking this much Zoloft?

I have a prescription for Zoloft and I was feeling really depressed so I just took a bunch of then plus two 100 mg Prozacs. Idk how much Zoloft I took but I feel fine it's been ten minutes.

Update:

Wow sassy pants. Idk how much Zoloft took I took a lot! There was a lot of pills I didn't count I just took them more than five less than twenty i don't know.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Its not likely that you will die from overdosing on antidepressants. However, if you have, you need to head to an ER, because there could be other bad things that happen, like organ damage, that will torture you for the rest of your life if not addressed. Also, overdosing implies that your meds are not doing the job they were meant to do in the first place, and you need to get them adjusted and or changed- right now! Don't wait. Have someone take you to the ER right now, and/or call a cab or 911. I mean it. Don't dwell. Even if you don't care about living- you will suffer greatly if you decide not to go.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

You need to go to the ER so they can get it out of your system to avoid liver/kidney issues. Call 911 and take an ambulance there. This is a medical emergency. It can also cause seizure if I remember correctly, but that won't be for another few hours until it metabolizes. Go to the ER, tell someone, now!

Because if you don't you likely won't die - but you will damage yourself. If you seize you could wind up gibbling your brain.

Go and get the help you need.

• 7 years ago

taking more than you are prescribed is never a good idea, there is always a reason they don't tell you just to take "a bunch"

• Lynn
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

modern antidepressants are unlikely to be fatal but itn should get you some attention if you call a suicide line

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Saying "a bunch" isn't going to tell me anything...

• Angel
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Go to the E.R. now please - I hope you are ok and feel better soon

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.