Bommah
Bommah asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 8 years ago

MTG: Please help improve my green/black deck?

This is a repost

So essentially I'm looking to build a deck with a theme of recycling the dead and dealing out damage to my enemy to drain them, obviously scavenge is going to be a key part of my deck. (Yes I know this isn't a very good deck, please don't state the obvious)

I'd really like some advice on what cards to get more of, what to replace ect. Most of this was put together from cards from my spare pile. Any help would be great, many thanks in advance.

Creatures:

1X Disciple of Bolas

1X Stonefare Crocodile

1X Veilborn Ghoul

1X Slum Reaper

1X Korozda Guildmage

1X Acidic Slime

1X Corpsejack Menace

1X Gobbling Ooze

1X Zanikev Locust

1X Sewer Shambler

1X Terrus Wurm

1X Dreg Mangler

2X Drudge Beetle

2X Korozda Monitor

2X Sluiceway Scorpion

2X Slitherhead

2X Golgari Longlegs

3X Walking Corpse

Lands:

1X Golgari Guildgate

12X Swamp

12X Forest

Artifacts:

2X Golgari Keyrune

Other Spells:

1X Grisly Salvage

1X Mutilate

1X Rites of Reaping

2X Launch Party

2X Murder

2X Essence Drain

FOR GOODNESS SAKE I KNOW I NEED MORE THAN ONE OF THESE CARDS! WHICH ONES DO I NEED MORE OF?!?!

Favorite Answer

Way too many creatures make this deck inconsistent. The biggest factor you face in MTG is luck-of-the-draw, and by having only 1 of each creature, you're obviously less likely to draw it when you need it most.

I would, in your case, cut down on many creatures and add multiples of the ones you think will be most beneficial to you. Try to run sets.

Also, I recommend doing the same for your spell cards, especially for Murder and Mutilate. Creature removal is very essential, especially for this deck.

terrible deck. a million. quite often ones and twos of enjoying cards so which you will no longer draw them throughout a pastime. 2. No actual subject or purpose on your deck. 3. Too many lands. 25 is basically too many for a deck like this,

You have to figure it out yourself. I'm not going to sit here and figure out your mana curve and further still I don't know what you want to do with your deck.