How do i overcome shyness around girls?

Hi, i'm a 20 year old male, who is looking for a girlfriend, but the problem is, i never know what to say to them and when i know what to say to them i never can get the guts to do it. I guess i mainly fear rejection, or afraid i'm just gonna say the wrong thing. any tips?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, just take a deep breath, smile, and say "Hi" or "hey". You dont have to say too much, quite a lot of girls love talking! Just be casual and ask what they do for a living or ask about them in general (girls love talking about themselves as well). If she asks you a question smile and answer it calmly and be friendly. Girls wont reject you starting a conversation as a friend with them, and after you get to know them THEN you can ask them out! Good luck xx

• Sarah
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

There's something you should know about us girls: we don't expect you to do things perfectly! As a girl, I don't really judge guys by the way they start things, but the way they finish them. Maybe you came up to me, got shy and left without a word. That's okay, as long as you come back and try again. You can start with a smile, that's fine too. When I stand there and look all expectant like "well, say something!" I'm really just impressed you made it all the way over to where I'm standing. I'm silent because I don't want to take up the talk bubble if you have something important to say like "hi." Keep trying. The girls are nervous too!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

While medications to treat anxiety conditions are often an important component in the management of anxiety, there is also many natural, do-it-yourself techniques that can help calm you down, either in place of medications or as a supplement to them. Learn here https://tr.im/Mtgex

Next time you're too tense to cope, consider trying one of these natural options for relief.

• 7 years ago

Don't put them on a pedestal. They're like every human being on earth, only except they have monthlies and pain during child birth, but other than that, just speak to them. Take small steps though. Don't jump out of your comfort zone, take risks but make sure they're calculated. Go get them girls man ;)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Girls are usually more attracted to guys that don't care if they get shot down.. it makes them wonder why it wasn't as big a deal as they thought it would be for the guy

• 7 years ago

Just tell yourself that they are no better than anyone else. We all do the same things, make the same stupid mistakes. There is nothing to be nervous about.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

#1 Social Reprogramming Method : http://SocialAnxiety.uzaev.com/?KhhY

• 7 years ago

If you fear rejection then just try to think it through.... what is the worst thing that could happen? she says no... its not like she is going to throw a chair at you or anything.... it will help :3

answer mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aqt2q...

• 7 years ago

All of the above is ok...

or just become really drunk

Source(s): LIFE EXPERIENCE MADAFAKA!
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

in fact everything is OK. just be yourself and one day you will find someone who loves you for everything you are....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.