several American Government Questions?

Please try your best to give me the answers to these questions. I have tried to find the answers but there is no luck for me and i need this to finish my packet. Please Help

Who did not like the New Deal and why?

What are some famous Third Parties? What makes a Third Party successful?

Civil Rights Act of 1964: (Main provisions with their titles. Ex. Title 1 provided that....)

Voting Rights Act of 1965: (Main provisions)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Who did not like the New Deal and why?

Answer: Conservative Coalition. They felt that it was bad for business and growth.

What are some famous Third Parties?

Answer: Libertarian Party, Green Party and Constitution Party

What makes a Third Party successful?

Answer: At this point, just winning a U.S. congressional seat is a success for the third parties.

Civil Rights Act of 1964?

* Title 1: Barred unequal application of voter registration requirements.

* Title 2: Outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin in hotels, motels, restaurants, theaters, and all other public accommodations engaged in interstate commerce; exempted private clubs without defining the term "private."

* Title 3: Prohibited state and municipal governments from denying access to public facilities on grounds of race, color, religion or national origin.

* Title 4: Encouraged the desegregation of public schools and authorized the U.S. Attorney General to file suits to enforce said act.

* Title 5: Expanded the Civil Rights Commission established by the earlier Civil Rights Act of 1957 with additional powers, rules and procedures.

* Title 6: Prevents discrimination by government agencies that receive federal funds. If an agency is found in violation of Title VI, that agency may lose its federal funding.

Voting Rights Act of 1965?

* prohibits states from imposing any "voting qualification or prerequisite to voting, or standard, practice, or procedure ... to deny or abridge the right of any citizen of the United States to vote on account of race or color.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.