Nazif asked in SportsSurfing · 8 years ago

Where is the best place to go surfing in Europe?

I am planning a holiday and want to go surfing (when its a bit warmer.)Where is the best place in Europe to go?

Favorite Answer

France: Biarritz, Hossegor Capbreton.

Portugal: Lagos, Ericeira, Cascais, Peniche, Sagres.

Spain: Zarautz, San Sebastian, Noja.

Canary Islands: Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria.

Ireland: Lahinch, Bundoran.

Italy: Sardinia, Sicily, Santa Marinella, Andora.

Also England, Scotland and even Germany have some surf spots.

Hossegor, France has some incredible beach breaks that suit just about everyone's surfing, but, there are incredibly strong rip currents when swells pick up, surf it when its small and get a feel. I was once there (I've surfed it about 6 times) and when I went out to check the surf, it was average 1-2 hollow beachbreak, but when I went out about 30 minutes later it was 6-8 feet and absolutely mental. You never know what you're going to get out there, but it's by far one of Europe's best waves.

Also you may like Peniche, Portugal, the locals are some of the most friendly people on earth, and you it's not uncommon for the mayor himself to be serving you a cold one at a local bar. Peniche is home of "Super Tubos," (Super Tubes) again, it is a beachbreak but a perfect one.

What makes it even better is that the town offers a deal that if theres no surf, they'll compensate you a new free trip back out there and you get to come back and surf when there are waves.

Have Fun =)

• ?

Fuertoventura (I think that's how you spell it), its one of the Canary Islands near Spain. It's the second best place in the world for surfing other than Hawaii.