Is this person committing benefit fraud?

I know of a woman who I think is committing benefit fraud. She has a child with a man but doesn't have the fathers name on the birth certificate. Although the father is paying maintenance (not through the c.s.a) she has told the benefit office she does not know who the father is and does not receive... show more I know of a woman who I think is committing benefit fraud.

She has a child with a man but doesn't have the fathers name on the birth certificate. Although the father is paying maintenance (not through the c.s.a) she has told the benefit office she does not know who the father is and does not receive maintenance from anyone. I'm assuming this is to commit some sort of fraud, to receive more benefits. how does this work? I though every child received child benefit. Could someone explain why she is doing this, what she is gaining out of it?