Why is my nutritious food plan isn't working?

I want to lose weight on my thighs, and I understand that it is not possible without exercising and certainly changing my eating habits. I started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I exercise daily for approx 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, burning about 230-280 calories a day. I also changed my eating habits. Previously, I already do not eat a lot, so I just changed my meals into healthier ones. For breakfast I would have half a grapefruit, 2 slices of 40% less fat cheese (Kraft Singles), and drink green tea. Another breakfast meal would be a cup of 0% Elle & Vire strawberry yogurt with oats, OR I would have a bowl of cereal (Organic Envirokidz Gorilla Munch or Koala Crisp) with skim milk. I drink water throughout the day to help suppress my appetite, but I end up feeling bloated.

For lunch I'd have a cooked fish fillet and vegetables, or I will eat seafood (scallop, shrimps) that's all steamed with vegetables. The vegetables I usually eat are lettuce, cabbage, broccolis, spinach, celery, carrots, and eggplants. Since I am doing this during the holiday, my parents are always forcing me to eat at least a baby handful much of carb, either bread, pasta, or rice. They said I need my nutrition for school. I try eating whole grain bread and brown rice as much as I could.

Where I live it is very difficult to find organic of low-fat products, and we certainly do not have a grocery store for it (like Trader Joe's in the states). So I would try as much as I could to eat healthy.

I have dinner with my parents so they would force me to eat a plate of seafood or lean meat (chicken) as much as a deck of cards, plus a small amount of rice, and my choice amount of vegetables.

I would have about 2 or 3 snacks a day, each snack would either be a banana, an apple, a pack of Quaker's Oats Oatmeal cookies (has 3 cookies in a pack), a Quaker Chewy granola bar, or a glass of soy milk.

I've been doing this and staying strong and patient, but I do not see any results. Besides the elliptical machine, I also do this workout from youtube once a day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEH-VoEeLik

Youtube thumbnail

I understand that I am quite a pear-shaped person so I try to avoid lunges or squats (although I usually do 30 plie squats 3 times a week). I read that pear-shaped women must work extra hard to slim down the lower body, but since I have exams once school starts when we return, I couldn't do too much exercise a day or else I would feel tired and not have time for revision.

All answers and explanations are appreciated :)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It takes more then wo weeks of 30 minutes daily exersise to get serious result

Give it more then 4 months

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.