Fenris
Fenris asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 7 years ago

Why do people hate Michael Moore?

Me and my mom are debating this, I think Michael Moore is someone who does things for publicity stunts, and money.

Mom thinks he's a pure being where people "only hate him because he tells the truth"

• Steve
    Best Answer

You are correct. It is sad to see your Mom so misguided.

Micahel Moore has made millions upon millions of dollars criticizing the very democracy and free enterprise system that has made him so rich. The criticisms he heaps upon America can only be stated because of the freedoms and protections he enjoys as an American.

People (like you) can see this bloated, lard-azz hypocrite for what he truly is.

He has an agenda, just like any other political player. Let me guess, your mom's a pretty hardcore democrat?

You're right, but he does it for more than publicity and money. He does it to further his agenda and to placate the politicians that fund him. I think the South Park episode about him from 8-9 years ago was pretty funny and informative if you looked past the surface.

I think it's a combination of the two. He gets people to pay attention because he picks hot issues and makes a bit of scene. But he also tells the truth. Two things people hate. No one wants to know the truth about things. They just want to keep on keeping on obliviously.

Michael does things for money, period. He used to be pretty good, but he got greedy. Remember Bowling for Columbine? He's a life time member of the NRA. Still is today. What a phony.

Why do you think it has to be either or?

Could he not be a liberal with a big conscience, and want to be a successful film maker at the same time?

Liberals don't have to take a vow of poverty like a nun, you know.

(I see that your question excited several right-wing haters.

No surprise on this site. They are always crawling out of the shadows on here.)

but

he does not tell the truth

he films things and edits to make it controversial

he is a liberal and against capitalism

only when it makes HIM money

• Zelda

Because he is a hypocrite