Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 7 years ago

What does "liver tumor marker negative" mean?

I just got my grandmothers blood test results, and in the comments they stated, "liver tumor marker negative". What does it mean?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are different chemicals a doctor can look for in the blood that are a sign of cancer, and these are called "markers". Maybe they suspected that she could have a problem with her liver and were specifically looking for them. At any rate, if she is negative for the marker, it means she does not have a liver tumor. So, it's good!

Source(s): I'm a biologist who studies cancer treatments.
  • 3 years ago

in many situations 5-10 is the traditional selection reckoning on the laboratories in basic terms some caveats; a million. tumor markers are in basic terms numbers and not something is absolute 2. some chemotherapy can strengthen cea like oxaliplatin based ordinary 3. human beings who smoke and benign ailment could have some strengthen in fee 4. maximum labs will cap CEA at around 3-10,000 5. in spite of the fact that CEA that proceed to upward thrust is a demonstration that affected person has creative maximum cancers and could warrant imaging examine like CT-test or puppy test

• 7 years ago

Excellent news for your grandmother. She has no liver cancer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.