Girlfriend's started to wear perfume?

My girlfriend never used to wear perfume. However, she's recently started.

I'm asthmatic, and the perfume - any perfume, in fact - is aggravating it. I tried to tell her to not wear it, but she took it personally and cut me off before I could explain why.

What should I do?

Gema: she hasn't left me, she just got upset when I told her not to wear perfume and I didn't get a chance to explain why.

jamie h: I live with her, arranging a schedule like that will be difficult. :P

ZZ: unfortunately, it's actually the lingering scent that gets me. :(

Don't tell her you don't like perfume or that you don't want her to wear it- in fact, don't even use the word perfume until afterwards. Just say that because you're asthmatic there are some things that can make it worse. Take a breath, give her a chance to say something and THEN say that perfume is one of the things that can aggravate your asthma. If she doesn't get the message then it's a pretty pointless relationship, not understanding each other. :) Hope it works out for you.

• ZZ

It was Christmas... she probably loves it!

I know what you mean about perfumes and scent .. it gets me too... but it's only aerosols that cause my problem. I choose roll on deodorant, and find that colognes and push sprays don't affect me.

Maybe you should buy her a scent that you can tolerate ... or maybe you should find a new girl?

Source(s): My BF sprays his deordorant in another room .. coz he knows it chokes me. It's just the first spray that affects me .. not the lasting scent?

"i attempted to tell her to no longer placed on it". it extremely is the place you went incorrect. You advised her to no longer DO something. I advise which you apologise for attempting to administration her and telling her what she would be able to and can't do and then say what you could have pronounced became that due on your bronchial asthma, her fragrance is worrying it and for this reason making it annoying so you might breath and if she ought to furnish up donning it (or no longer placed on as lots if that would not impact you as much0. If she contains on donning it, you have 2 alternatives. shop on having difficulty respiratory for something of your existence or commerce her in for somebody who definitely cares for you. i comprehend which one i could do. KD

ladys adore perfume do not take that away from her just arrange times and dates when you prefer her not to communicate with each other

Tell her that with that much perfume on, she smells like a French whore.

wring her up and calmly explain to her that you are sorry and explain you have an asthmatic reaction to it. that should keep her sweet and hopefully make her understand what you were trying to say

if she left you because of that, what the **** is her problem? You deserve better, though i think you need to tell her still so she feels sorry..

Dump her - if she cares more about her vanity them she does about your health...