Is it illegal not to take girls seriously in dating sites?

I had a couple of colleagues who told me about 2 years ago to do what they do. What they use to do is go on different dating websites and talk to girls and when the girls seem trustworthy to them they trade or do business transactions online. Usually the girls give them money or at sometimes homosexuals give them... show more I had a couple of colleagues who told me about 2 years ago to do what they do. What they use to do is go on different dating websites and talk to girls and when the girls seem trustworthy to them they trade or do business transactions online. Usually the girls give them money or at sometimes homosexuals give them money and my colleagues invest it then return them the money back with interest. I have no idea how the hell they do that, to convince a stranger into letting them borrow money. They never use their personal information. I told this to a friend and told me this is illegal and i can be in serious trouble for not telling this to the authoritys. But how can i rat them out if i don't even know where those guys live now, they all move. And what if they are dangerous people? but i will tell you what girls locations in the world they like targeting.
They have done it with 119 girls all over the world this is the list.
L.A (U.S.A)
New York (U.S.A)
Shanghai (China)
Hong Kong
London (U.K)
Paris (France)
Berlin (Germany)
Chicago (U.S.A)
Toronto(Canada)
Miami (U.S.A)
Seattle (U.S.A)
Las Vegas (U.S.A)