Why do people say that Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, One Direction, etc. has no talent?

Stars like Katy Perry, One Direction, Carly Rae Jepsen, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, etc. I know some of their songs may not be appealing to all people, and some of them make stupid decisions, but they are actually really good singers. Some of their songs have auto tune, but they are also good without it. They can sing a lot better than I can. I dont get it why my parents, brother, most old people, and some boys say that they have absolutely no talent. Is it because they are jealous?

Best Answer

Probably brcause their jealous. Im quite close to all the boys from one direction( Eleanor Calder is mu cousin) and i think theyre jealous

No, they aren't jealous.

It's just that mainstream music is all about marketing, it's all about looks. I seriously think that you can make it into the business if you're attractive, but have a mediocre voice.

And it's not just that they use some auto tune. They don't write their own songs, or play instruments. They have people doing most of the work for them and they just go on a stage and they get all of the credit. Also songs don't even have meaning anymore, almost all mainstream music is about drugs,sex,alcohol, and relationships with girls and boys.

I can't speak for all of those artists but a lot of the "pop" bands and artists can sing and only that. The rest was fed to them by record companies and forced down their throat until they they finally became famous.

It doesn't take talent to learn to dance or memorize lyrics written for you by a REAL song writer.

The musicians that I respect are the ones who can do it all themselves. Adele is a good example of that. She is now considered "pop" like all of the people you listed but the difference is she is the full package and real deal. She can sing, write her own music and do her own thing.

There is just something about being a puppet on a string that steers a lot of people away from today's "studio" artists.

You want real music? Listen to Ryan Adams, Band of Horses, Mumford and Sons, and many like them. They worked for what they have and it wasn't handed to them on a silver platter ONLY because they could "sing." My grandma can sing and so can an immeasurable amount of others

People who write your own music, play their own instruments and worked hard to get where they are. That's real talent. Not some schmucks behind a studio microphone that only got there because they look good and could carry a tune.

• schick

nicely lets purely get one ingredient right away right here Nicki Minaj isn't a singer, she's a rapper, Lil wayne is purely too, Justin Biebers purely skills is that he can play contraptions he could've change right into a drummer no longer a singer, Rihanna she's ok I mean her vocal skills come out in songs like We got here upon Love In A Hopeless position, Katy's singing voice isn't that solid nor solid yet her music writing skills are ok.

Most of them sound like a rooster having s** with a frog. Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepson are AWESOME however.

• Bieber, confirmed he has a good voice before he was signed then the companies destroyed him; Minaj is just a duck faced bimbo that thinks she has her own blink(yea and I have my own ****). One direction is just like every other boy band, in it for the money, and they don't even write their own material. want real talent? Take Corey ************* Taylor for example, he can sing the most melodic and sorrowful song to the most evil and angry sounding rip-your-head-off-and-****-down-your-throat metal song. Or take Brent Smith or Sully Erna... I could go on and on about who has the real talent.

• .

Too_Mainstream summed up everything I was going to say.

The less mainstream artists usually have more original work, stuff they actually did themselves. But, on a lower budget, fewer people ever see it.

• Jacob

Well I'm not the type of person that gets jealous of anyone and I agree that these people have little to no talent..

they dont. Katy perry at least writes her own songs.