Rottweiler23 asked in PetsRodents · 8 years ago

should i end my rats suffering?

i got rats the other day and one is apparently deathly ill, shes been huffing and today i came home and found her bleeding and foaming at the moth and i think she may be having small seizures. i dont have aa smell pet vet near me especially not open at this time. should i just put her out of her misery? i want to do the most humane thing for her :(

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If there isn't a vet NEAR you, CALL an animal professor (aka veterinarian, lol) in any other location, even if it's another state. Ask them what you should do, and describe to them what is happening to your rat.

Did you get her from a pet store (Petco, Petsmart, Petland)? If you did, that might be the reason she's so ill. Pet store animals are usually mishandled, mistreated, and neglected.

I wish you and your furry friend the best. I'm sorry.

Source(s): Has owned three tarantulas, one cockroach, 40+ fish, two chinchillas, 10+ birds, 20+ Leopard geckos, six African fat-tailed geckos, one Crested gecko, eight hedgehogs, one Knob-tailed gecko, 10+ turtles, one tortoise, 10+ bearded dragons, 15+ snakes, two sheep, three goats, 32 chickens, 38 ducks, five geese, 11 ferrets, three toads, 3 swans, 20+ hamsters, 15 gerbils, 30+ mice, 22 guinea pigs, one short-tail opossum, three rabbits, 35+ rats, seven dogs, five cats, five ponies, and two horses.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

My answer would be yes.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Aww I'm so sorry :( I think it's best you do that...):

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.