LGBT: did it take you a while to get used to calling yourself lesbian/gay/bi/trans,etc?

Hey! so I've struggled with my sexuality for a long time, and a few months ago I finally accepted to myself that I'm gay :) I'm not really out though, a few of my friends know but the majority don't :P so I don't actually have to say or type it that often but when I do, sometimes... show more Hey!

so I've struggled with my sexuality for a long time, and a few months ago I finally accepted to myself that I'm gay :)

I'm not really out though, a few of my friends know but the majority don't :P so I don't actually have to say or type it that often

but when I do, sometimes it's not easy for me? :P what I mean is , I was the type of kid in middle school that fairly often was accused of being gay...this was before I even knew I liked guys, so of course I denied it...and I had to deny it enough times that it just kind of became like something I was NOT going to be :P and I got really defensive about it because people would insult me fairly often about it...

but now, like I'll go to say something about me being gay to one of my friends, but like I'll still instinctively I get a little defensive before I say it? like I'll choke on the word almost, because I used to be so used to having to deny it all the time :P (don't get me wrong, I have no problem about being gay now :P I've obviously changed a lot since then lol)

and it's not like that when I'm talking about other people being gay or something, just myself because I've been used to people being really rude about my sexuality in the past :P

so my question is, did anyone else have this problem when first really coming to terms with their sexuality and telling other people? or is it just me lol?

thanks!