Ryan asked in SportsMartial Arts · 7 years ago

Cain valasquez vs Daniel cormier?

Who would win and how

Favorite Answer

Man-talk about two powerful locomotives colliding head on; that fight would be it in some ways I think. I would have to favor Cain based on his experience in fighting but that does not mean that Cormier would never beat him or acquire the experience to. Cormier was a World and Olympic champion in greco roman wrestling and you don't compete at that level without having ability and being able to learn and coached. Just look at the way he has advanced and progressed in the short time he has already.

He needs 3-4 more fights against top rated opponents to acquire the experience and reach his full potential I think. If you notice-you don't see opponents lining up to get in there with him or openly challenging him and calling him out as they don't want to take a chance of losing. A loss would certainly set their own careers back while advancing his.

You can bet that Cain is aware of him and this and a fight with him would carry an element of risk I think for Cain. You never know as sometimes a more experienced fighter will elect to fight an up-and-comer earlier before they acquire more in the way of experience because they have more of an edge. If and when it happens it would be a good fight no matter how it turned out and I say that because of their fighting styles and both being big, gifted, and physical type athletes.

• Paul

The will not fight each other both have said this on numerous occasions they are friends and teammates at AKA (American Kickboxing Academy)

That being said Cormier wins by being the better wrestler and having a better jaw.

Cain's chin is still questionable, Cormier's has shown to be strong so far.

Cormier is the far more pedigreed wrestler and would stuff Cain's takedowns much like JDS did.

I'd take Cormier by TKO or unanimous decision

Daniel Cormier is the answer. Cormier is 2x former Olympic wrestler and also the wrestling coach of Cain & other AKA fighters. He has also improved his striking. His wrestling alone could win him the fight

I would put my money on Daniel Cormier. He might not be as strong but he is more technical. I just read an article about it. Check it out:

http://mmakumite.com/2013/10/15/daniel-cormier-vs-...

• labus

even with the shown fact that i'm no longer keen on Cain, i do no longer think of Cormier might desire to win. even with the shown fact that he does have Olympic point wrestling, this isn't adequate against Cain with a brilliant style of alternative motives. - Cormier's a small heavyweight even although he seems somewhat obese. he's 5'10 on a similar time as Cain's 6'a million and that they the two weight regarding a similar provide or take. he's greater in positive condition to be at 205. - Cormer's incredible isn't very solid whilst in comparison with Cain's. - Cain has a brown belt in BJJ on a similar time as Cormier's has...? - Cain's been professional considering 2006 on a similar time as Cormier's debuted in 2009. journey concerns. - Cain is able to push the %. noticeably no longer common together with his staying power. - Cormier's combat with Frank Mir shown his jitters. I savour him attempting to make fights greater exciting yet seeing him attempt a spinning decrease back kick made my abdomen turn a splash. He knew wrestling could be uninteresting yet no longer each and every element of it uninteresting. taking photos in lightning quickly takedowns are a real sight to behold. LAY-N-PRAY is uninteresting. he will might desire to examine the adaptation. - they're the two area of AKA so i'm unsure how that's gonna be.

Cain would win because his cardio and better striking.. They said they would fight only if it was for the championship belt which could happen