Knoxie
Lv 5
Knoxie asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

Could Johnny Manziel go into the NFL now?

He's great and when he does go into the NFL he's either going to big a bust or a great player.. Why waste his time in college?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Too small??.....Mike Vick is only 6' and Drew is only 6'......lets see Dough Flutie was only estimated 5'9".....he is tall enough at 6'1"... maybe he just needs a few pounds in the weight department....but then again he is listed at 200lbs......I think he could play well in the NFL.....the only problem I see is that he could get hurt more easily with the harder hits that would be put on him as he tries to rush for yards.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

@Caleb: Johnny Manziel isn't half the quarterback Griffin is.

Manziel is ineligible by NFL and NCAA rules to enter the draft. He's a freshman, and players require 3 years of college to enter the draft. Manziel would have to wait.

• 4 years ago

Adams completely incorrect, Tebow will be trumped by technique of both Manziel and RG3. Manziel is large quickly, and RG3 receives injured even as attempting to run for 5 backyard effective factors. yet i could could say that Tebow is alot extra sturdy than RG#, yet i do not study about Manziel. RG3 stats: seventy 2% 4,293 yards 37 TD 6 int 10 dashing touchdowns 189.5 score (Blows my concepts) Manziel stats: sixty 8% 3706 yards 26 TD 9 interceptions 21 dashing TDs (Blows my concepts) 149.14 i could say RG3 as of now yet Robert Griffin turned right into a senior, Manziels purely a freshman Ask this question back in 3-4 years

• 8 years ago

No, age discrimination is allowed in sports. So, he can't until after his class's junior year. For example, Randy Moss went after his sophomore year but only because he redshirted one season and would have actually been a junior if he had not. Since Manziel was a redshirt freshman this year, he can go pro after 1 more year of college football passes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

He needs to stay in college and get a solid education because he's too short to have any kind of meaningful career in the NFL.

• NITWIG
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, and when he does he's going to have to learn to be a better pocket passer. No QB had ever won a SB by being a 'run first' QB. At least he's a freshman so he's got time to work on it.

Source(s): Alabama fan.
  • Daniel
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

NO! he's gonna need another year in college. If he can tear it up next year i'd believe he can play in the NFL. right now i feel he's to small.

• 8 years ago

Unlike the NBA, there are elidgibility guidelines. He'll have to play another season or two

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

He's not eligible for the draft, or else he would. I think he'll be a solid NFL QB similar to RGIII

• 8 years ago

he will have to wait 1 more year

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.