Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Are Guns kept in homes more likely to be involved in an accidental shooting, criminal assault,..?

or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense?

Update:

I'm all for making automobiles safer. Cars used for commuting should be small, light, and electric. Far fewer people will die if cars are smaller and lighter. I think there should actually be more trains and subways and buses that will greatly reduce the total number of cars on the road at any given time. Anyway, motorized vehicles have basically become essential in modern life for most people. You can't say the same for guns.

I wouldn't mind if police and the military were the only ones allowed to handle firearms. I guess you could try to make a gun in your basement if you were handy. But I doubt it would be any match for the police, and doing so might land you in jail for several decades.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Arnie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Why take away our right to defend ourselves

Having a gun will not help all the time but being defenseless will never help..

Isn't it better to have a gun and not need it than to need it and not have it!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yep!

And a lot of other things too!

Funny how the more variables exist, the less likely it is for any individual one to be more than the rest, isn't it.

Especially when one directly counteracts the other and then more are dumped in! (imagine a lawnman dumping out a metal trashcan full of dead leaves)

As you get older, more basic mathematical concepts will become available to you.

But, uh, SLIGHTLY more seriously, the answer is yes. There are more suicides and accidental shootings and criminal use of guns than guns used in self defense.

Regardless, that doesn't mean guns should be removed. There will always be suicide and smuggled guns will always be available to those who need them for criminal activity.

Taking away guns because they're not used for self defense as frequently as crime is like removing red lights from an intersection because too many people are running them and causing accidents.

• Oscar
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Are people who don't own a gun more likely to run a hose from their car exhaust into the passenger compartment to commit suicide? Are people who don't own a gun but do own a car more likely to be involved in a car accident than a gun accident? Are pedestrians in more danger of being shot or run down by a motorist?

• 7 years ago

It's well documented that they are more likely to be involved in a domestic shooting, whether it's accidental or on purpose. But accidents happen, and sometimes the only way to deal with relatives is to kill them, so it works out in the end.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jeff
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Home swimming pools kill far more people (especially children) than do guns kept in private homes.

Where's the outrage towards the owners of swimming pools???

• 7 years ago

Is car ownership, cars driven on the street and involved in accidents more likely to cause injuries to people? Or are guns more likely to be used for hunting, target shooting and competition?

Dumb...........hehehe

Source(s): hehehe
  • I live in a pro gun zone and never hear such things happening. Its usually city zones where liberals go all gun hoe. If coloring their head red and dressing up as a joker isn't liberal enough how about promoting gun free zones after a slaughter

• 7 years ago

Are you a crazy person? If you are not and you owned a gun would you go and shoot somebody with it?

• Bob W
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

That is why you shouldn't have one but I should.

• 7 years ago

Yes, and everyone thinks they're the exception.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.