Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 7 years ago

what if a person withdrew all of my SSD check out of bank account?

I got paid on 1/3/2013. The person went to the bank and withdrew my whole SSD check out of bank and is keeping it

This person is an ex room mate who is on the account but does not have a debit card on the account. She has the right to basically "steal" my government check?

Favorite Answer

Being she is on the account, yes. About all you can do is either open another account and have it direct deposited into that account or sign up for the government debit card. Also you can sue her in small claims, but you have to prove she had no reason go withdraw the money, like she had money in the account also.

Once money goes into that account it is as much her's as it is yours. That is the nature of a joint account. If you don't like it then open your own account and have your check sent there.

Why is it no one has ever withdrawn anything out of my accounts?

That means they had access to it. It appears you may have no one to blame but yourself.