Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is information and creative technology?

I am picking my GCSE options very soon so I need to know about this

Favorite Answer

Hi Gemma,

I work for Edexcel (an Awarding Body) who have developed and run the BTEC in Information and Creative Technology qualifications. It is the next generation IT/computing qualification which has been developed to inspire and enthuse learners to become technology savvy – to become producers of computer-based products and systems, rather than just consumers of them. The exact course offered will depend on the school or college. However, the student could learn about how create simple mobile apps, digital animations, relational databases and much more.

Please note that the BTEC in I&CT is included in the Government's list of high quality vocational qualifications which will count in the school's headline measures (5A* to Cs) in 2015 and it has been accredited by Ofqual (the regulator).

I'm confident that the school or college would be happy to answer your questions. Alternatively, you can find out more by downloading the specification from our website here (under 'specification'):

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/firsts2012/informatio...

With best wishes,

Howard