What 2012 movie was your favourite?

i want to watch a new movie and i want you to recommend me one i don't like sci-fi or action movies that has nothing but action i would prefer something colorful with a simple plot so tell me what was the best movie you watched and if you can a very short recap

i'll give 10 points to the one i like the most

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1) Avengers - Because it was for the first-time, a movie came where many Super-Heroes where present together. And eventhough representing too many Super-Heroes, Avengers doesn't compromises film-making in area, whether it is action, VFX, editing, cinematography or performances. Avengers also has a good sense of humor.

2) Argo : - Because it catched the eyes of Hollywood with an interesting story. Imagine a situation where you're stuck in the middle of Insurgency, and the entire town full of Insurgents is looking for you to hunt you down. Also, imagine the courage required, to enter into that town disguised as a film-maker, and device a plan to rescue those people, out of that town, and that too in a very short-time. And also, when the connection with your superiors in your country is blocked and you are all alone. Argo - is based on a true story.

3) Dark Knight Rises : - It was not as perfect as 'Dark-Knight' , and while seeing it another time you feel that it would have been more Darker, more tragic and dramatic, and therefore more appealing. But, of course, it was not made only for adults. Batman was made for people of all ages to see. That is why you don't find any blood in it. Even the Violence is highly edited. But, the collaboration of Christopher Nolan, David Goyer, and Hans Zimmer itself is so terrific that even a loose tale about Batman would become a Block-Buster.

4) Looper : - Again, this movie proved that it is also the idea that wins, and not the budget alone. If concentrated more, Looper has references to 'The Terminator series' - but a very mild reference. Otherwise it was an innovative, original story.

5) Chronicle : - It seems that through the December, we are forgetting this movie. I'm also not finding this movie in any Award Ceremonies, probably because of it's 'Found Footage' style. But it is also an art. So in Chronicle you have a Superhero movie in 'Found-Footage' style, which is like Superman + Paranormal Activity. Performances were also good, especially from Dan DeHaan who played Andrew. There should be a sequel to this one.

6) End of Watch : - Because it was very realistic , practical and simple story of a daily life of cops in L.A. and the dangerous situations they have to live with, everyday. Each day is new for them, and anything can happen from morning to night. It really happens during the climax, and so there is an 'End of Watch'.

8) Hunger Games : - I like Hunger Games because it shows the old Gladiator kind of a story , in a futuristic tone, where the villain is the Emperor himself, who makes friends fight and kill each other in arena. Waiting for sequel.

7) Skyfall : - Skyfall proved that people are now O.K with a more sophisticated James Bond. They are not complaining a lack of James Bond who has a wrist-watch with Laser, or a Car packed with Weapons. They want to know more about 'James Bond' the character, and not 'James Bond' a fictional spy who is a great card player, who like Martini - 'Shaked not Stirred...' , who has a weakness of beautiful girls, and who is always surrounded and updated with Hi-Tech Gadgets and Weapons. No!!! This James-Bond is a more close to our heart, than before.

I don't have a dislike for Pierce Brosnan, but before Craig was introduced to us, Brosnan was a star. We loved 'Golden Eye' , 'World is Not Enough' , 'Tomorrow Never Dies' and 'Die Another Day'. But, it is also true that before Brosnan, we were enjoying Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton as Bond. So things keep re-booting, and updating, in films. I would love to see more Bond films by Sam Mendes, and it would be a dream come true if Christopher Nolan directs a Bond Film (because in an Interview he had said that he would like to direct one Bond film)

8) The Sessions : - Because it is a true-story. A story of Hope which shows what a love can do to the needy, and diseased.

9) Moonrise Kingdom : - Not because it was a grammer-changing movie, or a masterpiece. But because I'm a Wes Anderson fan and this is his recent movie. Moonrise Kingdom is not good and amusing like Wes Anderson's 'Rushmore' , 'Royal Tenanbaums' (his masterpiece) , 'Bottle Rockets' or 'Darjeeling Limited' , but Moonrise Kingdom stays to the expectations, if it does not transcends more higher. Which is why it is watchable.

10) Beasts of the Southern Wild : - For it's staggering originality. Beasts of Southern Wild is a story about Human Unity, and Celebration even in the perilous times. It may feel 'one-time-watch' and 'melancholy' , but in that one-time, it becomes a life-time experience. I would not like to see Beasts of Southern Wild again, but I will remember it forever.

Source(s): I'm yet to see 'The Master' , 'Killing Them Sofly' , 'Django Unchained' , 'Zero Dark Thirty' , 'Hitchcock' , 'Les Miserables' , 'Lincoln' , 'Silver Linings Playbook' and 'The Hobbit' ...if I had watched these films, the list would've changed. Who knows?
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

The Dark knight Rises

• 7 years ago

The dark night rises

Flight

project X

a thousand words

Source(s): check imdb for top movies of 2012
  • <3
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Looper, it was action packed but also a good story.

Life of Pi, very colorful haha beautiful imagery and scenes. Heartbreaking ending if you have not read the book.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I did not feel any of the blockbusters had been all that high-quality, but the ones I enjoyed probably the most have been Skyfall, darkish Knight Rises and i suppose Avengers, though it's approach overrated.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Rochelle Rochelle

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Django Unchained.

A black slave in the 1800's pairs up with a mercenary to rescue his kidnapped wife from a slave driver.

• 7 years ago

Looper is by far my favorite. Incredible acting, executed brilliantly, and the directing was superb.

• 7 years ago

Between brave and sky fall

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Wreck it Ralph was Amazing! :D Simple yet beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87E6N7ToCxs

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.