My parents would never let me go to this party, should I just go for it?

I'm almost 18 and I've NEVER been to a party. My parents are conservative Christians and never let me do anything -.- I'm really tired of this and I know sooner or later I'm going to have to just rebel and do things on my own i order to show them that I'm growing up.

Theres a house party I was unexpectedly invited to and I really want to go, it's my senior year dammit. So should I just go for it? I need advice >.< Thanks for all who help

Favorite Answer

The same thing happened to me my senior year. It was at a nerdy cast party, so it was eventually cool with mom.

Ask yourself this when considering going to a house party.

1) do you have reliable transportation? if it is walking distance, make sure you have a walk buddy.

2) will you know people you can trust? If you decide to drink, be weary of who's keeping an eye on the drinks. The worst thing that can happen on your first party is being raped. Also keep an eye on those being safe. Don't be extreme, help a girl out if they're being cornered by guys.

Biggest thing about a party: be safe.

Source(s): Oh, you can just say you're spending the night at a friends. it was my flawless excuse.
  • Mia

Don't tell them that there's a party, just ask to go to a sleepover with your friends, and bring your cell phone so they can call you on that.

In your sleeping bag and backpack secretly pack the party clothes (or bring the clothes to your friends house a day earlier).

And then have fun!

First of all....... seriously..... you're 18 and you still act like this?!

You know, most 18 year olds I know are already starting to grow up and won't act like this.

I know this isn't really helping in your mind, but damn it to hell, grow up!! They're only doing this to you because they don't want you to do anything you regret, like get pregnant at a early age or be charged for underage drinking or anything else like that.

Second of all, you're lucky to have parents to look out for you. Some people your age don't even have and will never even have the chance to even have a party at all OR EVEN HAVE PARENTS THAT CARES ABOUT THEM and yet you complain about how your parents won't let you do anything?!?! psh.... with that attitude, you don't deserve to go do anything.....

• Lv 6

Your parents are just looking out for you. Wait until you're in college to party.

you shouldn't. your parents are just not sure if you're responsible enough to party with friends but if you'd listen to them. they'd realize that you're mature enough to be trusted. and maybe they'd let you go next time. maybe if you make friends with christians as well they'd trust you more but if they think that the people you hang out with can not be trusted maybe that's why they are too skeptic to let you go.

just go and stop asking us every day if you should go or not.

• Kitty

no :/