Do you prefer first-person or third-person point of view?

I'm honestly not sure if 1) I want to write my story in first person or third person and 2) How people will react depending on the point of view. I grew up always preferring to read first-person stories because I feel more connected to the main character that way. However, with third-person I can show the... show more I'm honestly not sure if 1) I want to write my story in first person or third person and 2) How people will react depending on the point of view. I grew up always preferring to read first-person stories because I feel more connected to the main character that way. However, with third-person I can show the emotions of all the characters and it'll be easier for me to stay in-character. Lots of the stories I've read recently (mostly actual books and some fanfiction) are all in third-person. With my story, there are lots of parts where I'd want to describe the emotions of my main character's companion. If I write it in first person, I won't be able to because my character and her companion are almost always together. Although, whenever I "sketch out" parts of my story in my head, I always say them in first-person and there are many parts in my story where I'd want to use first person. Plus, like I said most of the stories I've read recently are in third-person and to me that indicates that people prefer third-person over first-person. (I've actually met people who won't read a story just because it's not in the point of view they prefer. I used to be like that myself.)

You can choose to ignore the crap I put above. I'm honestly just asking for opinions: do you prefer first or third person? It'd be nice to put a reason as well (and not something like "I like it". If you prefer one just because you like it, please don't bother giving a reason).

Just a bit of an extra question: Do you think it's weird that I can write intricate stories in my head but when I actually try to write them, they end up like crap? For example, I have lots of trouble staying in-character. Whenever I'm "pretending to be one of my characters" in my head, I get their personalities perfect, even when the character is talking in his/her head. When I try writing it, it up crappy and sounding more like myself than my character.
Update: (Sorry if this posts twice. Sometimes my computer jacks up and the additional information shows up twice) One more detail. Sorry, I'm forgetful. Anyway, I'm mostly asking if you prefer READING first or third-person. You can put which POV you prefer writing if you want, but I'm mostly looking for what... show more (Sorry if this posts twice. Sometimes my computer jacks up and the additional information shows up twice)

One more detail. Sorry, I'm forgetful.
Anyway, I'm mostly asking if you prefer READING first or third-person. You can put which POV you prefer writing if you want, but I'm mostly looking for what you prefer READING.
Update 2: (Sorry if this posts twice. Sometimes my computer jacks up and the additional information shows up twice) One more detail. Sorry, I'm forgetful. Anyway, I'm mostly asking if you prefer READING first or third-person. You can put which POV you prefer writing if you want, but I'm mostly looking for what... show more (Sorry if this posts twice. Sometimes my computer jacks up and the additional information shows up twice)

One more detail. Sorry, I'm forgetful.
Update 3: (Again, sorry if this posts twice) I don't really like stories that have varying POVs. It just annoys me; I have no clue why. My brain just thinks "Okay, you either tell it in this person's POV or this person's!" The only time I don't mind it is when someone uses limited omniscient, which... show more (Again, sorry if this posts twice)
I don't really like stories that have varying POVs. It just annoys me; I have no clue why. My brain just thinks "Okay, you either tell it in this person's POV or this person's!" The only time I don't mind it is when someone uses limited omniscient, which telling only one person's thoughts/emotions but using third-person. My stories usually have my character telling the story, but I switch to third-person when telling another character's thoughts/feelings from time-to-time. Lots of the books I've read in first-person do that.