Do you agree with some of the things your money goes to for taxes?
- KarenLLv 68 years agoFavorite Answer
1. I agree with the money spend on the Armed Forces of the United States.
2. I agree with the funding of the US Postal Service. I do not agree with Congressional meddling with the US Postal Service nor the executives political desire to bypass it to repay debts to unions, like they did at the US Census where they replaced non Union FedEx with Union UPS. The fact that the government will not use the USPS for priority mail is telling in itself.
3. I agree that the members of Congress and the Courts must be paid.
4. I agree with the existence of the Library of Congress, the Patent Office, and Weights and Standards.
Now I also think that the government wastes far too much of our money on:
The Dept of Energy
The Dept of Education
Fannie and Freddie Mac
The Dept of Home Land Security
The Department of Health and Human Services
The Department of Commerce
The Federal Trade Commission
The Department of Labor
The Federal Reserve.
All of these agencies could be defunded funded tomorrow and other the the employees of each of them not a citizen in the USA would be harmed.
- Anonymous8 years ago
Nobody (sane!) would be able to "agree with everything" their tax money goes for because there are so many programs that exist in pairs that work in opposite directions, silly goose! SOME tax money goes to support birth control, and then some goes to promoting having babies....some goes to subsidizing roads, and some goes to promote reducing the use of roads....
Only an inattentive fool would imagine taxes could be spent in a way that made EVERYONE happy!
If you are fortunate enough to live in the USA, your "tax burden" is currently the lowest it has been since 1958 (probably long before you were born!).....so quit belly-aching or someone will notice and "remedy" that situation!
(If YOU are paying "too much" in taxes, it's time to fire your Accountant OR accept that you are too incompetent to prepare your own taxes!)
- RandyLv 78 years ago
Nope, there are some things I don't agree with. That's one of the great things about a democracy though. If I don't agree with what the government is doing with it, either in total or in some other individual way, I am free to vote for someone who will spend it either as I wish or closer to as I wish then the other guy. If my candidate wins then I carry on happier then I was before although others may not be as happy so they vote to change things at the next election.
- Go ArizonaLv 78 years ago
With SOME, a definite no.
A Congressional 'earmark' went to a small airport in the Napa Valley for additional safety equipment. It changed the flight path for many of the flights. Nancy Pelosi and her husband have property in the immediate area - it took their properties out of the noise of the flight path.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- RyanLv 58 years ago
No. If given a choice I would much rather send my money to the starving kids in Africa then Americans who don't know what work means and feel entitled.
- M.j LimLv 78 years ago
Having the very best Economic Advisors, I rather agree whatever Obama implement.
- Anonymous8 years ago
- Hater PoliceLv 78 years ago