How to get 2 same brand machines to operate separately through remotes?

I have 2 Panasonic entertainment system components that keep opening trays/powering on when I use either remote but only mean to use one of the two machines (both machines are turning on with both remotes). Is there a way I can use a universal remote to stop one from working when I press the buttons to turn on or... show more I have 2 Panasonic entertainment system components that keep opening trays/powering on when I use either remote but only mean to use one of the two machines (both machines are turning on with both remotes). Is there a way I can use a universal remote to stop one from working when I press the buttons to turn on or open the tray in the other one? Or being that they are both Panasonics the universal remote would do the same thing as 2 separate remotes (still turn on both?). I am getting tired of getting up to shut the tray or turn off the second machine (and yes, I need both components and would prefer not to purchase a different brand of a whole new machine for one just to solve the problem). What is the easiest way to fix this?