Spiritually... what is seeking?

Does it imply that something is lost, missing or empty? What does it fulfill with regards to finding what is being sought?

Thank you...

Update:

(((fractal)))... Happy new year to you as well! :) I was a short-lived Potter fan... now, where is that golden snitch? :P

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Seek and Ye shall find...

What exactly is seeking?

The yearning to observe, understand, and realize "The Truth".

What must one always seek?

Greater clarity!

Is seeking really necessary?

Yes, if one truly desires to know "The Truth".

There must be a reason that such thoughts arise, within man.

Man must dissect and evaluate every individual thought.

In order to dissect and evaluate every individual thought one must secure the clarity of Wisdom.

Only Wisdom will recognize "The Truth" contained within the examination of all such thoughts.

- Might something be lost?

Possibly

- Might something be missing?

Possibly!

- Might something be empty?

Possibly!

- Might something be found, recovered, or once again become refilled?

Most assuredly!

What is attained if ones search is successful?

Fulfillment!

One may finally gain victory within ones life.

Peace be always with you.

Salaams,

Source(s): a small insignificant sufi student and brother....
  • Galen
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

We all seek. The questions raised are quite varied though.

Have we recognized the fact that we pursue something? Do we have a clue about what or where it might be? Usually not.

Most of us are simply busy trying to stay alive, comfortable, etc. Then there are all those appetites! As we mature we might try to "find meaning in our lives", often with a turn to the spiritual. Here too, we find many levels and many conflicting goals. Ultimately we sort out the value of our myriad experiences. As we find ourselves more and more single-minded, we move closer to our goal which was always there.

• 7 years ago

Jesus taught his followers to seek first the Kingdom and God’s righteousness. People of the world tend to seek personal interests first as “men of this system of things, whose share is in this life.” (Read Psalm 17:1, 13-15.) With no regard for their Creator, many devote themselves to making a comfortable living, raising a family, and leaving behind an inheritance. Their share is in this life only. David, on the other hand, was interested in making “a good name” with Jehovah, as his son later recommended that all do. (Eccl. 7:1, ftn.) Just like Asaph, David saw that having Jehovah as his Friend was far better than putting his own interests foremost in life. He rejoiced in walking with God. In our time, many Christians have put spiritual activities ahead of their secular employment.

• 7 years ago

well, if you're a harry potter fan, it's going to conjure images of a sporty and fiercely competitive kind :) however, if you're a gentle, honest soul (as i imagine you to be), then it probably means you possess a certain amount of humility and wisdom which conspire to whisper constantly in your ear, that you do not know all there is to know, that journeys of a learning and discovering nature are the most wondrous and exciting... it means you suspect there are always going to be new vistas to cast your eyes upon.

happy new year to you (((asul))) and to all my friends on the forum (whether these are friends i know already or ones yet to be met).

p.s. oops, forgot to answer the "what does it fulfil" part

i guess if you are seeking it fulfils that part of you which wants not to let yourself down, to do the best that you can, for your own sake (development-wise) and for the sake of those you come into contact with. if you are seeking rather than smugly self-satisfied that you know it all, you bring more potential richness to these encounters, they will tend to open doors and windows rather than slam them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Everyone assumes that finding God and living a spiritual life means you will have a happy life. I'm sorry but this isn't true. Finding God and living by spiritual principals pleases God and means you will have a happy after-life. But people of this earth will hate you and may even try to kill you for loving God and living his way. Their hatred of you is a blessing to you in the after -life and only ensures more rewards for you in heaven.

• 7 years ago

Seeking implies that you are looking for something you haven't found yet. It may be a realization, a new experience, or an altogether new discovery.

• 7 years ago

The realization of an empty space within , and a faith based search to fill it.

• 7 years ago

It means you know something out there is bigger than you, spiritually. You are looking for it. With so many options out there, you want to find the truth. When you study the God of the Bible, you will find that truth.

• Frizby
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

In my opinion it is searching for the truth, not necessarily something that is lost but more something that has never been found..

• 7 years ago

Trying to know the unknown

and knowing the unknown is just a standpoint

to know

which is still the unknown.

Source(s): self.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.