Can I sue Children Services for the abuse I was put through?

If you don't feel like reading all of this I was just wondering if I could sue for mistreatment, abuse, and neglect.

Children Services practically ruined my life... They kept me in my father's house, where I was beaten, had my life threatened, raped, and sold off as a child prostitute... My father wouldn't be home for weeks at a time, he'd just leave me the food stamp card and pay the bills, sometimes... Children services would call to let us know when they were planning a house inspection, so I had to run around hiding my father's drugs and beer cans... Sometimes children services would do the inspection when my father wasn't even home! I know this isn't allowed, inspections are supposed to be a surprise.. Our house was falling to pieces and half the times we didn't have electricity or water... There was hardly any food in the fridge... My father is a major drug dealer, cocaine, pills, pot, bath salts, meth... That stuff. He brought home new women all the time, had sex with them anywhere he wanted, even in my bed. Several people (school, neighbors, ect) reported him to children services, but their calls never made a difference.

I remember when I told my mom about being raped at age 7 at a weekend visit the cops removed me from her house and took me in for questioning... Afterwards I was taken to Ohio State where I was supposed to be examined, but children services told them not to do it, so NOTHING was ever done and they all accused me of lying. I was continually raped and "rented" from the age of 7-13.

I put myself in foster care when I was 16, I got tired of all the BS... My father had threatened to kill me again, even pointed the gun at me this time, so I called the cops and was taken into foster care. While in foster care things weren't right... My belongings (what my father didn't steal) was stolen by the "foster parents". I was threatened by the "foster father" nearly daily, and he'd say that because he was a C.O he and could do anything and get away with it, that I was just an unwanted child that nobody cared about... The "foster parents" often beat on the little kids with wooden spoons... Also, while I was in foster care I was forced to get on the depo shot, I've experienced negative effects... I was always threatened that I'd be thrown in juvie if I did ANYTHING wrong.... Whenever I'd tell the C.S workers of something that the "foster parents" did I'd be called a liar and get the juvie threat... As a matter of fact, when I wnt into foster care at 16 children services straight up called me a liar... They said I lied about everything... Hell, the house I was living in had holes in the walls large enough to jump out of, and we didn't have heat or hot water in the middle of december... There were eight pit bulls that attacked me and company... Plus a bunch of other problems, AND even though there was visible proof for everything I was still accused of lying...

I could really go on for days about the stuff above, but I'm not gonna do that. There's a lot of bad things, but I'm not trying to throw a pity party.

Today I'm 19 and still bothered by what happened... My life would be so much better if they would have done the right thing. I can't even cope with people, I'm mentally aggressive, depressed, have severe anxiety, ect.

And for the people who answer with "get over it" well, it's not that easy.

I haven't seen my father since the day I called the cops. He moved out of Ohio, but I don't know where.

Favorite Answer

It is well known that kids in care of the government are 5 times more likely to experience abuse. Consider yourself lucky that you weren't sold off and shipped to Saudi as a sex slave. Think I am joking? Listen to this 4 part interview by Senator Nancy Shaefer, which she gave a year prior to her and her husband getting shot dead in the head. She talks about many things you stated.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhzu80PfUKU

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA-wE6VgRek

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF7qNmqJ670

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QNqqFxtDlE

You need justice indeed. I am just worried that trying to fight them will result in tremendous stress for you. And might be too costly for a lawyer to do it pro-bono. Perhaps start a website and start speaking up to help others. That might help release the trauma you feel. I am hesitant to suggest professional therapy since there is a tendency to default to pumping you with more meds. I just worry they will make it worse somehow. Obviously I don't trust psychiatrists and such.

The guy doing the interview above would probably love to hear your story.

I hope others have better answers. You are welcome to email me if you need another friend. I actually don't like giving advice. More so since I really know you just need someone to talk to, not advice.

Be very careful if you try to sue them. It can potentially be dangerous for you. Others will giggle at that statement but you and I both know how true that possibility is.

*big hug*

• Erika

No. CPS has immunity from suit. (as do individual caseworkers) If this were not the case, given how worthless and incompetent most CPS agencies are, your entire State price range would be consumed paying out judgments against CPS. Sorry, i know that is no longer what you wish to have to hear. Richard

Wow. Idk. I would just run away far from your dad.