Barefoot in family portraits...why?

Has anyone every noticed that portraits of families are often taken with the people being barefoot? I just recently noticed this. I see a lot of family portraits where everyone is barefoot, whether it be in a studio or elsewhere. I didn’t really think about it until I saw this studio portrait in my Aunt’s... show more Has anyone every noticed that portraits of families are often taken with the people being barefoot?
I just recently noticed this. I see a lot of family portraits where everyone is barefoot, whether it be in a studio or elsewhere. I didn’t really think about it until I saw this studio portrait in my Aunt’s Christmas card of my cousin, who is like 11, and he was wearing jeans with no shoes or socks.
I understand if the picture was taken on like a beach or something, but it seems like a pretty consistent trend wherever it may be.

Any ideas?
Also white tees and blue jeans are common.

I'm an aspiring photographer and I'll probably be doing family portraits so this might be something I need to know haha