Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailPassword and Sign In · 7 years ago

how do i close my account?

i want to close my email account

Favorite Answer

The Yahoo account will close automatically after 6 months plus 2 months for each year you have been a member if not accessed.

To delete a Yahoo account now go to this page: https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user

Be sure to sign out first but I believe it will ask for a sign in anyway.

Make sure that you understand that you are deleting a̲l̲l̲ Yahoo sites associated with the account ID including photos at F̲l̲i̲c̲k̲r̲.

When you terminate your account you will lose access to your Yahoo! ID, Yahoo! Mail, and profile names. They will also delete your account data and settings across the Yahoo! network. This includes any contents in:

✔ Flickr - Don't forget that this is part of Yahoo. You will lose all your photos stored there.

✔ Yahoo! Mail

✔ Yahoo! Messenger

✔ Yahoo! Address Book

✔ Yahoo! HotJobs

✔ My Yahoo!

✔ Yahoo! Groups

✔ Finance Portfolio

✔ Yahoo! Answers - Profile only - Q&A remain

Note that closing your account will not necessarily stop the address from being used for spam. Access to your mail is not needed to fake an address.

ℬ ℋ