My first job interview at panera bread?

I've never had a job before besides babysitting. I don't know anything about interviews but I'd really love to have this job. Any tip you guys coul give me would be great! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Here is some great advice I was given. Dress very plain, nicely colored top and regular khaki or black pants. The top should be plain too but, focus on a color. In court rooms, people often wear blue to elude that they are honest. I would wear a nice bright pastel shirt, avoid hot colors such as red and orange as they will make you seem more agressive. Don't do anything crazy with your make up, just neutrals with some silver or sparkle will do and no lip gloss unless it's a really light pink or something like that. Eye liner is fine as long as it isn't too dramatic, simply use it to accentuate your eyes, not to bring attention to the liner itself. Lastly, invest in 1 blue pen and a thank you card. After the interview, simply write on the card: Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to sit down and have an interview with me. or something along those lines. After the interview, go home and if they say, "We'll call you back." Drop off the thank you card the next day. The blue pen is important. There is a book called the Go-Giver and the author is all about how to be successful and one of the points he brings out is that blue pens are very pleasing to the eye, much more so than any other color. This is a regular blue bic pen, not like a blue gel pen or anything. Good luck!

1

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipe Guide - http://paleocookbook.raiwi.com/?MGkR

Just smile and be friendly.

They will likely ask questions that will help them evaluate how you interact with customers, hence the above advice.

Just remember that the customer is always right, even when they're wrong and you know they're wrong.