Can you recommend some books you think I might like?

My favorite author is Stephen King, so preferably something similar to his books. I also like those 'teen girl' books, like Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard and the Private and Privilege series by Kate Brian (but I prefer it when they actually have something else going on other than your standard boy drama, like the whole stalking thing in PLL). I also love the Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan, but I don't typically like vampire stuff so please as little of that as possible. Oh, and I'd appreciate it if no one recommended Harry Potter or the Hunger Games-I obviously know about those, and I would've read them by now if I wanted to. I mainly like murder mysteries and such, but some supernatural elements are fine.

By the way, I'd appreciate it if you recommended single books (I feel like most of what I read nowadays are series), but series are still welcome.

• Best Answer

Brother Grimm - Craig Russell

The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Conan Doyle

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

The House of Silk - Anthony Horowitz

And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie

Bright, Young Things - Anna Godbersen

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

Tree Shepherd's Daughter (trilogy)

"Michael Vey," 2 books in series so far.

The Great Divorce

Black List

The Fallen Angel, by Daniel Silva

The Devil Colony

West with the Night

• joy

As you like Stephen King, I think there is a very good chance that you would also like Dean Koontz and James Herbert.

Both of those authors, along with Stephen King, are my three favourites.

They are both similar genres (paranormal, supernatural etc) to Stephen King and their books really are amazing and full of suspense.

The only one I would not recommend is "Fluke" by James Herbert. It is the only one I do not like.

What I especially love about them is that they really know how to keep you on the edge of your seat and they are fast moving and grab your attention right from the start. :)

Have you tried Neil Gaiman? Quite a lot like Stephen King but with an injection of a queer form of niceness. He's written some novels (American Gods is great), some short stories (I loved Smoke and Mirrors) and a load of comics.

If you're interested check out the amazon preview for smoke and mirrors.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smoke-Mirrors-Neil-Gaiman/...

There's a short story included in the introduction which you can read all of. - The Wedding Present. It's very good.

House of Night series

Hush Hush series

• manish

I think you should use google search for books of your choice. There you may also find interesting short stories translated from other languages like TERI KUDMAI HO GAI & USNE KAHA THA in Hindi.

Happy NEW year! Bye

I am revising my contact list. Perhaps I am not on yours too.

Educational books so we can learn something new. and write our own books and make some cash.