How close is Israel to being attacked on a large scale?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel's enemies are trying to inflict "death by a thousand cuts." Large-scale attacks are generally done by people who think they have a reasonable chance of succeeding. If that doesn't work there's guerrilla warfare, a technique the US used successfully in the Revolutionary War and War of 1812. The ancient Scythians used it against the Persons: hit and run. That's a variant of death by a thousand cuts. If your forces aren't even powerful enough for that, there's terrorism, the main purpose of which is to provoke the enemy into overreacting.

There is also something called war by proxy, as in the Korean and Vietnam conflicts, where superpowers fought one another indirectly through smaller countries.

Right now Iran seems to be fighting a war by proxy against Israel, letting the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and Hezbollah in southern Lebanon do the fighting and dying.

• 7 years ago

Considering the last time a couple countries tried a full-on attack.... their armies were destroyed in less than 3 days.... I think you have an idea of a) the likelihood of a "large scale" attack... and b) the reason why Israel's enemies have resorted to the cowardly strategy of terrorism since then...

• Flower
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Dont be ridiculous. Israel has a superior military. No country could or would want to attack Israel. It wouldnt be cost-efficient or feasible in any way. The U.N. has attacked Israel numerous times for illegal actions.

• 7 years ago

on a scale of 1-100 with 100 being an immenient attack

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • nosdda
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Just about Nil. Israel has spies in almost every country in the world. They have infiltrated every terrorist group as members, as well as spying in other middle east Countries. They have a global network of spies.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Reed Ezekiel: chapters 38 and 39. Russia and Iran will be crushed.

• 7 years ago

If you mean on the scale of the Six Day war? None.....

• LeKat!
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

i hope they won't be attacked!

i talked recently with some israelis and figgured out who they realy are

and i was surprised!

they are like you and me

i suggest you talk with some regular (not extremists) israelis and you will understand what i'm talking about.

happy new year!

• 7 years ago

• 7 years ago

Well, it's like this.....How the hell would we know?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.