How exactly should i take care of my acne?

Ok i have acne and on terms of how bad i would say a 6.5 out of 10. I dont really know how i should be taking care of my face. At the moment i just wash it twice a day with neutrogenas oil free acne cleanser, the put cetaphil lotion on my face. The cleanser makes my face pretty dry but kinda helps i guess. So when... show more Ok i have acne and on terms of how bad i would say a 6.5 out of 10. I dont really know how i should be taking care of my face. At the moment i just wash it twice a day with neutrogenas oil free acne cleanser, the put cetaphil lotion on my face. The cleanser makes my face pretty dry but kinda helps i guess. So when i have break outs it gets pretty bad, like the pimples get big and hurt and then theres some little ones too so of course i pop them when they appear and it makes my face look even worse. I really dont know what to do. I have tried proactiv and other things but it does not work so right now im sticking with what i told you before. So can you guys tell me how to deal with my acne and some products to use. My acne is getting to the point that i dont even want to go out the house. I have no idea what kind of face lotion to use. I have like oily/dry skin. I have no idea what cleanser to use. I have no idea what my daily face care routine should be. So i have bad acne and have no idea what to do. Like i said before. All i am doing is using neutrogena oil free acne cleanser (which drys my face out bad). And then i put cetaphil lotion on my face to help the dryness. And thats the same thing i do everyday. Sometimes i put alcohole on my bumps. But please help me!! I am so clueless and all i want is nice skin. Please tell me everything i should be doing and how to do it . Thank you so muchhhh!!
8 answers 8