Y&R: Did Y&R have a Memorial for Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams)?

Carolyn Conwell, who memorably played The Young and The Restless' Mary Williams, has died after a long illness. She was 82.

Long-time fan favorite Carolyn Conwell has died. The actress passed away last month at the age of 82. Conwell played The Young and the Restless' Mary Williams for more than two decades.

RIP. Carolyn (Mary)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • MAK
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No mention of Carolyn (Mary) dying ... It would have been nice at the end of the soap Paul would have said something about her or they could of ran pictures of her from her time on the show.

I watched Mary for years and didn't like how the writers had her husband Carl leave GC get amnesia, and end up marrying someone else ........ seemed kind of hard to believe for a strict Catholic family..... Mary was on Y&R 1980 to May 10, 2004 [recurring].

After five years of never seeing Mary, in 2009, Paul was about to marry Nikki Newman. At the rehearsal dinner the night before, Paul's brother Father Todd told the group that Mary was at home and not up to attending, but that she would be there for the wedding. Unfortunately, Nikki called off the wedding, and we never got to see Mary.

remember when .... she was caught breaking and entering into Michael Baldwin's office with Lynne Bassett; charges were dropped, those were the good old days.

Miscarriage caused when breaking up a fight between her sons Steve and Paul [1980]

I want to think maybe Paul would have wanted to pay tribute to her but who knows about the higher ups?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Not that i know of i heard she died. She played a good part in Mary williams.

• ginnrc
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

If she just recently died the writers will probably write it in the show at a later time. That's how they sometimes do it when an actor dies in real life.

• I've heard that, but no they didn't have a memorial for her. She was a lovely lady too RIP Carolyn.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

They should at least the show should acknowledge her passing I think maybe they did not a 100% sure

• 7 years ago

They tape a couple of months in advance. It is probably going to air at some point.

• 7 years ago

No, there was no memorial for her, she was last on that show a very long time ago.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.