Why wasn't John Harbaugh fired like Lovie Smith?

Ravens finished 10-6 after a 7-1 start

Lovie took the Bears to the Superbowl, Harbaugh hasn't.

I'm convinced the Bears will always be idiots

I love Harbaugh, he's a great coach. But he's the best example I could think of.

• tbone
    Favorite Answer

Lovie wasn't fire caused of this season alone. If the Bears would of made the playoffs and lost the 1st game I still think Lovie would of been fired. It was the fact that over the last 9 years the Bears only made the playoffs 3 times, and even if they make it this year 4 out 9 isn't much better and never had a decent offense and never has been able to adjust on the fly. If the game plan wasn't working for that week the game was over cause they can't adjust in game like other teams do at times.

@ Yankee fan.

Emery was told he had to keep Smith for atleast one year after he was hired.

Simple. The Ravens are currently in the playoffs and won the division. Had the Packers beat the Vikings and the Bears entered the playoffs then he wouldn't have been fired. He would have been considered a hero in Chicago. Lovie was hated by the media and the fans. The players respected him and he was well liked around the league. Harbaugh is not hated by Baltimore fans and media, which is the only reason he has yet to be fired. Neither of them deserved the be fired, but it has more to do with media and fans then anything else in the world.

I thought Smith should have kept this job. Why was he fired? The Bears hired a new general manager last year. He may have wanted to hire his own coach after one season of working with Smith. Also, for two straight years the Bears have played poorly down the stretch. Additionally, the Bears missed the playoffs their last two seasons. Finally,maybe the organization has someone else in mind who may be an offensive expert. The Bears offense was poor this year,and maybe they want to bring in an offensive coordinator to be head coach. Smith has a defensive background. Personally, I would not have fired Smith, but the Bears may have had some reasons to do so.

Why will the Ravens not fire Harbaugh? He guided them to the AFC champsionship last year. And this year they are in the playoffs.

Source(s): I follow sports

The Ravens made the playoffs and have also been hit by the injury bug... and let's face it, Harbaugh pulled a head coaches last trick.... he fired the offensive coordinator. That bought him one more year. If Flacco bombs in the playoffs and the team starts slow next year, Harbaugh could be one of those early season casualties. 4-2 is ok, starting 2-4 next year could get him canned.

well the reason was that the ravens are going to the playoffs and the bears didn't make it. besides if you saw the bengals and ravens play, harbaugh took falcoo and rice out in the first quarter. Now the reason they fired lovie smith...... I don't know why. the only reason i see the bears as idiots is keeping jay culter.

They're still in the playoffs. If they lose Sunday, he may go. I think it would be a mistake to fire him as he's a good coach. There are missing pieces in his staff. Coordinators. Also, they've been injured this year.

One more thing: Flacco is good but he's the AFC's Tony Romo. He doesn't finish the game well. Good and talented, yes, but he plays with no heart.

Ravens won a few games in that 7-1 stretch they really should've lost, it's called being exposed as pretenders.

Ravens made the playoffs. Plain and simple.

Because Baltimore has made the playoffs every year since he's been coach, which is impressive