Is Watching gay porn a sin?

Originally I didn't know if masturbation in general was a sin. I read an article saying that it says nowhere in the bible that masturbation is a sin, but watching regular porn is because "anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart". Masturbating without porn is not enjoyable so I was wondering if watching gay porn stil afflicts that quote

Favorite Answer

The Bible nowhere directly mentions masturbation or indicates that it is a sin. The one passage many people point to is Genesis 38:9-10, which mentions Onan “spilling his seed.” In some languages, the word for masturbation is a variation of the name “Onan,” such as “onanie” in German. However, in the text, Onan is spilling his seed because he does not want to produce an heir on behalf of his deceased brother. Onan’s act was a sin because of his motives behind the act, not because of the act itself. Further, the passage describes actual sexual intercourse, not masturbation. A second passage people sometimes point to is Matthew 5:27-30, which speaks of lusting after a woman and then states “If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.” While I can see the parallels between masturbation and what Jesus was talking about, I seriously doubt masturbation is what Jesus was alluding to.

Another thing that amazes me about questions related to masturbation is how many people worry that it is such a terrible sin that God will never forgive them. We literally receive questions “Is masturbation an unpardonable sin?” In addition, we receive questions along the lines of “I watched 8 hours of hard-core internet porn and then masturbated. Will God forgive me for masturbating?” The fact that a person could think that masturbation is a worse sin than watching hard-core pornography shocks me. In a situation like that, masturbation is simply the result of extreme overstimulation of the sex drive. The core sin that needs to be dealt with in that situation is pornography.

Is masturbation a sin? Yes, in the vast majority of instances, I believe masturbation is a sinful act. It is, perhaps, more precisely, a result of the sin of lust. Masturbation most often occurs when a person is thinking sexual thoughts about someone whom he/she should not be having sexual thoughts. The “lust of the flesh” (1 John 2:16) is the sin. Masturbation is simply the result of the sin. The closest parallel I can think of is an act a violence that results from someone who allows anger and rage to fester and build. Is the act of violence a sin? Of course. But the act of violence would not have occurred were it not for the sinful anger.

The question then arises, is there ever a time when masturbation is not a sin? To that, I cannot give a definitive answer. The best I can do is “maybe.” What about a husband/wife who is separated from his/her spouse for a long period of time? What if a man has to masturbate for an infertility test or artificial insemination/in-vitro fertilization procedure? Is masturbation still a sin if it is done entirely without any lustful/immoral thoughts/desires? In situations like these, my answer has to be “it is between you and God (and if married, your spouse).”

Source(s): TR

2

Source(s): Live Sex Webcam Girls : http://CamGz.com/?JXGY
  • Simon

a sin in God's eye whether big or small or little or many or in the past or in the present is still considered unholy because God is holy, so if anyone breaks any one of the Ten Commandment (Exodus 20), he is a sinful person and needs to be made holy (through repentance) before 'talking' to God (through prayer). if one's thought has lust for 'adultery', even if he has not committed the sinful act, he is already a sinner. watching gay porn will tempt us into uncontrollable and compulsive as we feel very guilty (like a prison living in a fortified cell).

Sin? Which century are you living in?

Don't even worry about it. Everything is so subjective… go watch whatever porn you want.

Source(s): Bible

Yes.

Romans 13:13-14

Let us behave properly as in the day, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and sensuality, not in strife and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.

1 Corinthians 6:19

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

Galatians 5:16-17

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

Galatians 5:24

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Galatians 6:8

For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

The practice of homosexuality is destructive to the human soul. God makes it clear that homosexuality is a sin (Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26–27; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Jude 1:7; 1 Timothy 1:10; Revelation 21:8). Supporting gay marriage is a sin because it means to support homosexuality and the perversion of Holy Matrimony. If a nation legalizes gay marriage, that nation will be cursed.

Homosexuality is caused by iniquity. Iniquities (tendencies that cause one to sin) pass down the generation line (Numbers 14:18). When one accepts Lord Jesus as their Saviour, God forgives their sins and removes their iniquities (evil tendencies) in the subsequent transformation process which makes one more and more like Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Hebrews 9:12-14

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Titus 3:5

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

After genuinely accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour, ALL sinners (those who practice homosexuality, alcoholics, liars, drug addicts, fornicators etc.) will be saved and transformed. Each believer is cleansed by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and receives the infilling of the Holy Spirit who renews them.

REDEMPTION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH

Because mankind is incapable of meeting God’s standard of perfection necessary to abide in God’s presence (Romans 3:19-20,23), God sent His Son Jesus Christ to pay the total debt for the believer’s sins and mercifully credits to his account Christ’s righteousness (Romans 3:21-28,5:1-11; 2 Corinthians 5:18-21). Jesus’ gracious act of atonement was complete and covers all sin (Colossians 2:13-14; 1 John 1:9). Salvation is not based on good deeds but according to the mercy of God (Titus 3:4-5). Believers are justified by faith; it is a gift by God’s grace (Romans 4:3-8; Ephesians 2:8-9). A true, living faith will result in a desire to live a holy, loving life of good works (Ephesians 2:10; Galatians 5:6; James 2:14-26), but failure to be absolutely successful at righteous living does not negate the believer’s justified status.

If you sincerely say this prayer, your sins will be washed away, you will be redeemed to God, be saved from eternal torment and inherit the Kingdom of God:

"Dear Jesus,

I am a sinner.

I repent of my sins.

Please forgive me and save me by your shed blood;

come into my heart.

I want to receive you as my own personal Lord and Savior.

Amen"

https://victoryinjesuschrist.wordpress.com/

• If you enjoy it, it's a sin.

Source(s): Atheist

no its not like your going to hell but if you do theres a special place for you i bet its like a penthouse

• yes..... any action that generates lust is a sin..... hetero... or homo

Source(s): God's Word and Will for man-kind

By that logic it is not.