giiirrrrrrrr asked in PetsFish · 8 years ago

Are pearl gourami peaceful?

I was thinking of getting one for my 30 gallon and it needs to go well with my Bolivian ram

Or should I just do a honey gourami or would it not matter with either species

A Pearl Gourami is one of the larger and can be more aggressive and territorial than the other types of Gouramis, such as Neon Gouramis. They can be a bit large for a 30 gallon tank, but so can a Bolivian Ram. The good news is that though Pearl Gouramis are territorial and nippy with smaller fish, they are good with fish of the same size or larger. So if you get a baby Pearl Gourami of smaller or same size as your Bolivian Ram, then they should grow up and co-exist in peace.

Hope this helps :)

• Ash

No Pearl Gourami.

Besides aggressive the aquarium is too small. They get 6 inches and are one of the more territorial Gourami. Stick with a peaceful Dwarf's such as Flame Dwarf's, Honey's, etcetera. A Pearl is best in a 55 gallon with other fish that are of similar size or temperament.

Yes, Bolivian Rams have the natural nature of claiming territory but the Pearl Gourami would over beef the small thing and pick on it.

I wouldn't put them with extremely small fish like guppies or neon tetras but a Pearl should get along great with a Bolivian Ram. Good luck!

Source(s): Professional and personal experience with freshwater and marine aquariums for over 6 years.

Just make sure you fart in the tank every now and then and that will keep everything under control. It will help you relieve gas, and keep that fish peaceful. :)

Source(s): My experiences.!