Should I get a Kel tec PF 9 or a P11?

• Paco
    Favorite Answer

Before buying I looked at both the P-11 and the PF-9... I chose the PF-9 as a concealed carry handgun... It is slimmer and more easily fits a pocket holster without "bulging", which is my preferred form of carry (Were I planning to carry it in a belt holster, I may well have chosen the P-11.) ... Fully loaded the PF-9 is considerably lighter than the P-11, and of those that I looked at the PF-9 had a "better feel" to it, more natural to grip and point, and a "less stiff", trigger pull... After buying the PF-9 I cleaned it, then took it out and ran something over 250 rounds thru it...my handloads and commercial ammo, hard ball and hollow points... Not a single hick-up, baubble, or failure of any kind. It hit the ground running and never looked back...... The only "advantage" of the P-11 that I could see was that it does offer more rounds per magazine. But, I just bought a couple of extra magazines for my PF-9.

I'm sure you would be happy with either...but for me and my preferred means of carry, I'm completely satisfied with my PF-9.

I'm a PF-9 user for about 2 years. I have had no major issues. It is sized right, easy to control, most aftermarket parts are for the PF-9, The P-11 lacks the tactical rail. I would add Traction grips

& the Insight X2 tac light, The new trigger upgrade & a laser sight.

to be honest with you ive never liked kel tec, used to have a couple, i dont anymore for good reason, the damn things failed to eject several rounds (almost an entire mags worth in one session) and traded an old rifle a while back for some handguns, a kel tec p11 was in the mix, and i hated it for its ergonomics and constant weak firing pin engagements. but if you MUST have a kel tec of either the pf9 or p11 i would say the pf9 because i liked the grips and slightly bigger frame but thats about it

I believe the trigger pull on the 11 is about 2 x that on the 9.

• ?

You should look at the SCCY CPX-2. I have the PF-9 and bought the SCCY for my son, and the SCCY is much easier and more pleasant to shoot, has no mag safety, and has second strike (fires again without re-cocking) capability.

It also comes with two magazines and a transferable lifetime warranty.

The action is identical. One is single stack, and flat, the other is double stack, and fat.

Your preference.

Knowing what you'll be using it for might be helpful...so we can help you follow your priorities.