Julia asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

What is an affordable pet insurance for a cat in New York?

I have a cat with chronic condition and he's growing older so there'll be more problems along the way.

What is the most popular affordable pet insurance for him?

Favorite Answer

Frankly, according to Consumer Reports, pet insurance is not a good buy! Read the 3 articles below.

Since your cat is already growing older and has a chronic condition, the premium will be increased on you, and the benefits may not be worth the added expenses. As the third article states, if your pet has a serious condition, the premium and benefits ARE worth it over the LIFETIME of the pet. But since your's is not that young any longer, this is something to consider.

Me… kittyslave23… I know my place.

Pet insurance is good for unexpected accidents and illnesses. They can get expensive quickly, so it's nice to have insurance to cover the costs. Pet insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions, so if your pet is already sick or injured, it is unlikely that pet insurance will cover the costs to treat it.

For other costs like regular exams and vaccines, it's best to self-budget since these costs are expected. Some pet insurance companies offer coverage, but it is typically not cost-effective. (Imagine paying an extra $200 per year on your premiums for $200 worth of routine coverage...)

A few good questions to ask when researching pet insurance are:

1. Does the policy cover everything? Hereditary and congenital issues?

2. What are the payout limits? Will it be enough money for my worst case scenario?

3. How much does it cover for each condition?

4. What are the pricing and deductible options?

5. Is it an ongoing policy? If my pet has an illness during my first policy year, will it be covered the next policy year?

Be sure to do thorough research - Some plans don't pay based on your actual bill, but have lists of predetermined dollar amounts that they will pay for each condition which can be shockingly low in many cases. I would recommend getting an actual insurance plan that covers based on your bill so that you are never faced with a difficult and expensive situation when you *thought* you were covered.

We cover 90% of the actual bill for diagnostic testing, treatments, surgeries and medications including emergency and specialist visits. Trupanion is also the only provider to offer a $0 deductible option.

Feel free to give customer service a call and get a no-obligation quote to ask all the necessary questions and find out what's best for you.

It is impossible to get pet insurance for pets with pre-existing conditions however there is an alternative.

Pet Assure is not insurance, it's a discount plan -- an alternative to pet insurance.

Pet Assure Pays 25 percent of all veterinary services

• No deductible, no limits, no exclusions

• Covers exotic pets

• Simple plan, easy to understand

• Costs less than traditional insurance

You can read more here: http://www.petcarecover.com/pet-assure.php

I would recommend one to visit this web site where onel can compare quotes from the best companies: http://insurequote.info/index.html?src=5YAGFFICIeI...

RE :What is an affordable pet insurance for a cat in New York?

Follow 4 answers

Source(s): I would recommend one to visit this web site where onel can compare quotes from the best companies: http://insurequote.info/index.html?src=5YAGFFICIeI...