I have a question about a self-adressed (stamped?) box..?

I've gotten into the hobby of sending athletes, actors, etc. letters, and a small item that I hope to get signed or something, but I have something that I'd like to get signed that won't fit in a box (it's the only thing semi-pertinent to the person I'm sending it too), and I've been told by someone in the media advertising firm close to the athlete that the athlete would be willing to sign something for me. I originally had created an unofficial FB fanpage for the athlete, and it somehow got a ton of likes, and the actual athlete noticed it, and wanted to become the admin, so I handed it over.

The thing I'd like to send is a small mini helmet, but it's not small enough to fit in an envelope. So I'd need to put it in a box. Would I simply address the box to the athlete, then inside the bigger box, but another smaller box, that's addressed to me?

Marine One: Are you implying that the US Postal service is not a branch of the Government? Check your facts, friend.

Favorite Answer

Marine One: clearly a fÜcktard

Frank: literally an IQ of 52

The USPS is created as a government agency under Title 39, Section 101.1 of the United States Code which states, in part:

(a) The United States Postal Service shall be operated as a basic and fundamental service provided to the people by the Government of the United States, authorized by the Constitution, created by Act of Congress, and supported by the people. The Postal Service shall have as its basic function the obligation to provide postal services to bind the Nation together through the personal, educational, literary, and business correspondence of the people. It shall provide prompt, reliable, and efficient services to patrons in all areas and shall render postal services to all communities. The costs of establishing and maintaining the Postal Service shall not be apportioned to impair the overall value of such service to the people.

Under paragraph (d) of Title 39, Section 101.1, "Postal rates shall be established to apportion the costs of all postal operations to all users of the mail on a fair and equitable basis."

round $96 million is budgeted annually by Congress for the "Postal Service Fund." These funds are used to compensate USPS for postage-free mailing for all legally blind persons and for mail-in election ballots sent from US citizens living overseas. A portion of the funds also pays USPS for providing address information to state and local child support enforcement agencies.

Under federal law, only the Postal Service can handle or charge postage for handling letters. Despite this virtual monopoly worth some $45 billion a year, the law does not require that the Postal Service make a profit -- only break even. Still, the US Postal Service has averaged a profit of over $1 billion per year in each of the last five years. Yet, Postal Service officials argue that they must continue to raise postage at regular intervals in order make up for the increased use of email.

Source(s): Get raped. Go ahead and quote Wikipedia as a legit souce again, you fÜcking idiot, I don't apologize to fÜcking rÉtards. I tell him how it is, and send them home.
  • Frank

The answer to your question is yes. Simply place the self addressed stamped box inside the bigger box. Most USPS and Fedex questions are posted in Travel (General), Packing & Preparation.

The Postal Service has been a quasi-governmental agency since the 1971. The USPS is independent and is supported solely by sales and receives no taxpayer funding. The Postmaster General was once a member of the President's Cabinet!

After you apologize to Marine One you may want to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postmas...

ATTN: Frank, you're stupid as hell:

Goddard formally proposed a postal service to Congress nearly two years before adoption of the Declaration of Independence. Congress took no action on Goddard's plan until after the battles of Lexington and Concord in the spring of 1775. On July 16, 1775, with revolution brewing, Congress enacted the "Constitutional Post" as a way to ensure communication between the general populace and the patriots preparing to fight for America's independence. Goddard was reported to have been deeply disappointed when Congress chose Franklin as Postmaster General.

The Postal Act of 1792 further defined the role of the Postal Service. Under the act, newspapers were allowed in the mails at low rates to promote the spread of information across the states. To ensure the sanctity and privacy of the mails, postal officials were forbidden to open any letters in their charge unless they were undeliverable.

For a complete history of the early Postal Service, visit the USPS Postal History web site.

The Modern Postal Service: Agency or Business?

Until adoption of the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, the U.S. Postal Service functioned as a regular, tax-supported, agency of the federal government.

According to the laws under which it now operates, the U.S. Postal Service is a semi-independent federal agency, mandated to be revenue-neutral. That is, it is supposed to break even, not make a profit.

In 1982, U.S. postage stamps became "postal products," rather than a form of taxation. Since then, The bulk of the cost of operating the postal system has been paid for by customers through the sale of "postal products" and services rather than taxes.

Each class of mail is also expected to cover its share of the costs, a requirement that causes the percentage rate adjustments to vary in different classes of mail, according the costs associated with the processing and delivery characteristics of each class.

According to the costs of operations, U.S. Postal Service rates are set by the Postal Regulatory Commission according to the recommendations of the Postal Board of Governors.

• dana

Yes, it's an empty envelope addressed to you with a legitimate unmarked stamp on it. And, of direction, you'll have to insert it within an extra envelope that's addressed to the man or woman you have got to give the self-addressed envelope to... And of path, that different envelope will need to be stamped as well and given to the postman. So, 2 envelopes, 2 stamps. Received it?

Whew! that was a Looooong way to go for this - YES!

Next time READ the title to the category!!

This is P O L I T I C S !!

Source(s): Slackers on Y/A