Will there be a IRS refund cycle chart for 2013?

Anybody know the exact information about IRS refunds for 2013? Will there be a refund chart? What date will they start accepting?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

IRS States Refunds Will Be Delayed and Refund Cycle Chart Discontinued

“When can I expect to receive my refund?” is the most frequently asked question of a tax preparer. This year your tax preparer may not be able to give you an answer. The IRS is not producing a 2013 IRS e-file refund cycle chart for tax preparers to answer the question. The commonly used chart has been discontinued and Publication 2043 has been dramatically revised due to IRS uncertainty about issuing refunds. The IRS states “In a change from previous filing seasons, taxpayers won’t get an estimated refund date right away.” From a customer service standpoint, this presents a problem in managing your clients expectations. The IRS states that “most taxpayers will have their refunds within 23 days”, a significant delay from recent years.

The delay in issuing refunds is due to a new processing method with an emphasis on fraud. The IRS’s new processing method includes multiple fraud checks based on the information in your tax return. Tax returns will be analyzed for what the IRS calls “Incoming transactions” and placed in a different category for funding. The IRS has not stated what denotes an incoming transaction but it could be anything from a change in dependents to a change in address. “The IRS has fraud filters built into their new system and they don’t truly know what category the tax returns will fall into based on the filters in place at the time of review and how many returns are going to be delayed. Those filters could change throughout the tax season” says Joseph Mahaffey, CPA. “The IRS’s priority has shifted from getting you your refund quickly to fraud prevention and identity theft.”

Tax preparer advocacy groups are displeased with the lack of information available to them by the IRS. The National Association of Registered Tax Return Preparers believes the taxpayer needs to know when to expect a refund and has taken action to provide NARTRP members with an answer. Based on extensive research of IRS and TIGTA reports of the new processing system, they have developed their own refund cycle chart to provide refund dates. President of the NARTRP, Andy Carter, remarks, “We think the IRS should not keep the tax preparer in the dark. Giving your client a date to put on the calendar is an important service provided by the tax preparer. A refund date manages your client’s expectations and prevents premature follow-up calls. We believe our refund cycle chart can accurately predict most refund dates.”

Source(s): NARTRP
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Will there be a IRS refund cycle chart for 2013?

Anybody know the exact information about IRS refunds for 2013? Will there be a refund chart? What date will they start accepting?

Source(s): irs refund cycle chart 2013: https://shortly.im/q0Vk7
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

The 2013 IRS Refund Cycle

Now, the whole refund cycle has been simplified: the 21-day rule holds for everyone no matter how they filed their taxes. True, your income tax return will arrive at the IRS and the acceptance date will be sooner than if you had mailed your return. But after that, the IRS has given itself more leeway in turnaround time.

That’s because last year there were many delays in the refund cycle. Fraud filters worked too well and re-flagged many returns that weren’t necessarily fraudulent. Also, other systems that intertwine with the IRS’s e-file system got bogged down. So even though the IRS may have processed your federal income tax return quickly, forces beyond the IRS’s control made your window of time closer to 21 days rather than 10 days even if you e-filed.

• Bobbie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No actual refund cycle chart for the 2013 tax filing season for this purpose after the return is ACCEPTED for processing possibly 21 days BUT could be less days depending on how smooth the processing of your 1040 income does go during the 2013 tax filing season for this purpose and time in your life.

After things get settled down during the tax filing season that may begin around January 22 2013 for the MEF online efiled 1040 income tax returns that will have a new where is my REFUND website that is supposed to have some different updated information about your REFUND amount at that time.

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/30/2012

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Usually you can find the refund cycle charts the first week in January, but the part about the Charts being discontinued haven't been validated. If a person can give a direct link to where it says that on the IRS website then I would have to go by that. But as far when you can download or print of the refund cycle chart it varies, because the first batch of Direct Deposits and Checks are usually late anyway and the second batch that is transmitted always either gets deposited faster or reaches bank accounts before the first direct deposit dates on the refund cycle chart. Hopes this help you :)

Source(s): I am a registered return preparer, and tax professional for 13 years...
  • 7 years ago

They will begin accepting on 1/22/2013, but what I've heard from Yahoo Answers (the only place, so I hope I'm not spreading rumor mill), is that there will not be a refund cycle chart issued this season.

• 7 years ago

Most taxpayers will receive refund within 21 days of filing, but no filing before Jan.21 at earliest

Not a set schedule, but dependent upon individual filing date, rather than standard weekly schedule

IRS will let you know at WMR when refund due within 48 hours

Source(s): Tax pro
  • 5 years ago

I don' receive refund on 2013 where y find why

• 7 years ago

I called H&R Block and was told Jan.17th would be the 1st day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.