Is it too late for me to start horse riding???

at the age of 12 me and my friend started horse riding, she asked me if i wanted to go with her and i said yes and i loved the feeling of being on a horse, then i sorta got forced into this pony club thing by my teacher and people around me and it wasnt the same because all we did was look after horses barelly got... show more at the age of 12 me and my friend started horse riding, she asked me if i wanted to go with her and i said yes and i loved the feeling of being on a horse, then i sorta got forced into this pony club thing by my teacher and people around me and it wasnt the same because all we did was look after horses barelly got to ride so i quit. now im 14 and i just started riding again, i have been to 2 lessons last sunday and today, last sunday i was learning to get my position correct because i mostly need to work on that and trotting and today i was rising trotting with one hand in the air and the other on a neck collar then swapping, and i really enjoy horse riding, i know its hard and it hurts and people think its easy but its not but i love the feel of being on the back of the horse, feeling free, feeling so happy, i havent been happy in a while and horse riding bring the child out of me. i would most probably end up going every other week and every week on holidays, i have a horse that i will ride every time i go and her names alice, shes a dumpy horse and if you put a little pressure on the rains she will tend to stop but this is a good thing because she can show me how to ride properly from the beginning, my trainer ive been having is called carol and shes really good, she takes me out of my comfort a lot and shes not too strict either, i know im going on and on but im trying to tell you how my riding is and if i have potential. i have no idea what to do as a job, i love cake decorating but people tell me i wont be able to make a full living out of it so i was thinking if i make that as a home job and get a job working with horses, like teaching others how to ride and going to competitions :) any advice would be great, i love horses more than anything and i really want a job with them but i think ive started too late (people told me lots) do you think?? if i want to teach other when im older or make a living with competitions (or do compeitions on the side) :) sorry its so long, i like to type :P
Update: SORRY! i got even more detail!! i have been also looking into become a vet and ive had a look online and seen people who are an equine vet if i remember, not sure what its called but i would also more likely see me doing a job like that, i like biology and i think im quite goot at it ive been getting in around 70s... show more SORRY! i got even more detail!! i have been also looking into become a vet and ive had a look online and seen people who are an equine vet if i remember, not sure what its called but i would also more likely see me doing a job like that, i like biology and i think im quite goot at it ive been getting in around 70s or 80s out of 100 in tests and work, but the only problem is i dont understand chemistry, do i need it? could i become a equine vet nurse? id love to work helping horses as i love animals and it would be really cool and fun:) because id still be really close to horses, and how much would the wage be? if anybody knows for a equine vet nurse