lea
lea asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

I'm beginning to be very concerned about my mental state?

I find excuses to isolate myself, and stay in my dorm alone most of the time. It is winter break now and though I have the entire campus to myself, I stay in my room for days at a time.

My friends want to see me, but I find excuses not to go with them. When I do go out, all I can think of is returning home as soon as possible. I blame it on my fish, or find another lame excuse, but in reality I just want to be home and I don't know why.

I feel like a dog with a crate, that my room has become my "safe spot" and it disgusts me. Whats started scaring me recently is that I actually feel fear when I am outside my room. I can feel fingers snatching at my shirt and pant legs, I always imagine hands grabbing my ankles from underneath the bathroom stall. I don't like looking out windows, for fear of what I might see.

It even scares me to write this, because I can almost feel invisible fingers grabbing at me.

I've stopped taking care of myself, which used to be a serious thing for me. I no longer care how I look, and it makes me very sad.

I was never like this before, and I hate the way I feel now but I don't know what to do. I cry myself to sleep a lot, and sometimes its just too much to bear, but I don't know what "it" is or why I feel this way.

Favorite Answer

Hi Lea! Its nice to meet you :)

Im a girl and Im 23 yrs.

I dont know...but I think you might have a special gift to connect with the other side. Maybe it would be good for you to go find a professional in that field to help you find out if you could be having that ability?

Or you could also email me to just talk if you feel ok about it?

Because I feel like that too, just that i don't feel invisible hands grabbing me or see other things. But I always feel a lot of fear even when im at home :(

Source(s): my experience

Staying in room all the time can be because you are becoming anti-social. It can be either because u hate the place or people around you. Find a friend or boyfriend. Try talking to them. Or call up ur parents or any of ur old friend and have a nice long talk. If you have broken up recently this can be a phase of heart break. Join a class; learn a new language, play an instrument, cooking or any sport u prefer. Indulge urself in doing something creative. This will keep u engaged and keep u outside ur room. Instead of sitting simply, draw, dance, sing or do something that keeps you busy. Remind yourself now and then to be social. As for the scary bit, getting religious helps. The belief on a higher power gives u confidence. Pray. If you still feel insecure take a break from ur routine. Go on a vacation. If u still find it difficult to cope up, seek professional help.

Hope you get well soon :)

Reading this initially I thought to myself that I feel sorry for you but then I found myself honestly actually feeling some of the same things. You realise that is is not normal behaviour so take it slowly, maybe go to a doctor for some anxiety medication if there is an underlying medical condition causing these feelings or talk to as councillor? Going out with your friends and confiding in them can also be the most helpful thing. I struggle to get ready and go out but once I overcome that and spend time with friends I feel much better. Good luck with it all :) x

i'm sorry you experience that way. make certain which you do confer with a qualified individual. this is somewhat puzzling to diagnose any situation with out further information approximately each style of indications and issues you have experienced. it might desire to be a factor, it might desire to be a scientific situation. yet the two way this is taken care of very effectively over a quantity of time, the sturdy subject is you're attentive to the incontrovertible fact that something isn't all precise. you prefer to experience greater appropriate and that's the appropriate thank you to handle those circumstances. attempt to mantain your self busy. paintings and creativity are the appropriate treatment for any varieties of unhappiness and so it actual paintings, game, dance. As you adore music lots, you ought to truly connect some dance subject..the two Jazz, or Zumba, in spite of you will get the place you reside. I even have felt by the years, that dancing is taken under consideration one of those great catharsis. people who dance are happier, comfortable and stay very long lives! do no longer think of i'm kiddin' reason i'm no longer! whilst i'm pissed or unhappy, I crank my music particularly loud and dance...attempting to launch all that rigidity. even make sure that the age you reside precise now's a factor of the priority, as this is a substantial turning ingredient in existence to alter into particularly grownup. sturdy success and that i'm hoping you experience greater appropriate quickly amiga!

I think you may be depressed and suffering from anxiety. You know yourself that you are not feeling yourself so in a way that's a good thing other people are probably noticing it too. I know it's incredibly difficult for you to leave your room but try and interact with at least one person you trust and tell them how you feel, because dwelling on your anxiety in your room will only allow it to fester and grow bigger. I recommend you seek professional help. It's really sad you feel this way and I really hope you get the help you need. x