Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 8 years ago

A laptop or a tablet for school?

Next school year we need to get a laptop or a tablet. I was thinking I would get a laptop, because it's a more universal tool, but now tablets seem to have everything I'd need for school. The 16 GB iPad Mini is only 330$ (Not sure about Android or Windows tablets), while at least I the a quality laptop is usually around 600$. I'm not sure which to get. If a getting a tablet would work which tablet would you recommend, and if getting a laptop is the best way to go, which quality laptop would you recommend? What do you think?

Favorite Answer

I suggest you get a laptop. It'd be a better choice for school. They last much longer and are more handy for any student. The one i'd particularly recommend is Dell Inspiron i15R-2105sLV. It has features like:

--Intel Core_i5_3210M Processor 2.5GHz

--8 GB DIMM RAM

--1000GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

--15-Inch Screen,Resolution: 1366 x 768

--Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Dell Inspiron 5520 is the generic name for Dell's 15" Inspiron R laptops.

You should read this review to get a better opinion by an actual owner of the laptop:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3IKW6HYO48ILS/ref=cm...

Look for good deals here:

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i15R-2105sLV-1...

Laptop is the only appropriate answer here.

If you plan on doing anything other than derping around on it (IE actually doing homework etc you MUST have a laptop.

Laptop = Tool

Tablet = Toy

Last year my school was deciding between macbook airs or the ipad. They went with the macbooks and im so glade!!! I personally think the macbooks would do better for school then the tablets because the keyboard and also because the macbooks have much more then the ipads.

I would probably get a tablet, they do everything you would need for school, I just got a Google Nexus 7, imo it's much better value than the iPad, check it out.

laptop makes u look professional but tablet doesnt....