promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 years ago

2005 caddy STS traction control question?

Our STS has no indicator light for the trac control and I think it is not functioning.

Anybody know of fuses or relays or something a general knowledge type mechanic can do to check this system instead of paying caddy a buttload of money to do it.

Thanks for any help.

Update:

Thanks for the response but I get NO light or no light on if its supposed to come on when the button is pressed making me think the system is out.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As the other poster said, the TCS (traction control system) is enabled by default when the vehicle is started, but there is no light, the message in the DIC (driver information center) below the speedometer will say "TRACTION CONTROL ON/OFF" The TCS is controlled by the EBTCM (Electronic Brake Traction Control Module)

You can also check for any stored EBTCM codes through the DIC, here's how:

Use the 3 switches located to the right of the DIC (Driver Information Center) to activate and respond to the OBD prompts on the DIC.

ON/OFF = YES

INFO RESET = NO

INFO DOWN or INFO UP = manual toggle

Ignition ON, acknowledge any warning messages; press ON/OFF and INFO UP together for 2 to 3 seconds. Everything in front of you lights up for 4 or 5 seconds, then you will see:

Display shows "ALL?"

Answering YES will display "ALL CODES?"

Answering YES will run automatic test sequence and display codes, if any. Systems and codes will scroll faster than I am able to read them and write them; not to worry.

"ALL CLEAR CODES?" will display at the end of the automatic test. If you are satisfied you have the information you need, answer YES to clear/erase all error codes.

Answering "ALL?" with INFO DOWN will toggle systems test manually in order.

Answering "ALL?" with INFO UP will toggle system test manually in reverse order.

Press INFO RESET to reset DIC to "ALL?" to start again.

Ignition OFF to exit. The EBTCM is listed as ABS.

Source(s): 28 Year Master, L-1 Technician
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Traction control should remain ON at all times (Indicator light off). If the car is getting you where you need to go, don't mess with it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.