Why is Led Zeppelin the only rock group to be a Kennedy Center Honoree?

check out the list of winners here; http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/specialeven...

Led Zeppelin gets honored and so too have Paul McCartney, Elton John, and 2 members of The Who. But why haven't Elvis Presley, The Beatles or Rolling Stones received the honor? They all should've been inducted before Zeppelin don't you think?

• Racer
    Favorite Answer

Yes, both The Beatles and The Rolling Stones should've been honored before Led Zeppelin! Also, America's Greatest Rock and Roll Band, Aerosmith, should've received the honor before Zeppelin!

Aerosmith have recorded 15 studio albums, compared to Zeppelin's 9 studio albums. Aerosmith have done alot more tours and have lasted alot longer than Led Zeppelin!

I wonder who makes the decision on who gets honored! There certainly is no rhyme or reason to it! Neil Diamond has been honored, but the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis, hasn't been honored. Paul Simon was honored, but not Art Garfunkel. Brian Wilson was honored, but not the Beach Boys.

Paul McCartney was honored, but not John Lennon or George Harrison. Country artist George Jones has been honored, but not the King of Country, George Strait.

I too would like to know who makes the decision. I agree that Elvis, The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones all should've received the honor before Zeppelin.

I just put in a vote for Aerosmith on the Kennedy Center Honors site, go there and do it and we'll see what happens

I dont know how they determine nominees, but I agree that The Beatles,Stones, and Elvis should probably be there as well.

That's true - Presley, Beatles and Stones should have been inducted before Led Zep. Hopefully,

they will get their due one day.