Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Gwennycakes asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

What are the best dog beds for large dogs?

I need a dog bed big enough for a 130 lb Rottweiler, and durable enough to last a really long time. I'm on my 3rd bed, they keep flattening out on me. I'm ok with spending some money on these, as long as it'll last a long time.

Favorite Answer

You want a Big Barker dog bed. I was in the same boat as you, my 160 lb Newfie wore out beds every year. These beds are awesome though, they put a 10 year warranty on the bed & will replace it if it flattens. They're expensive, but I love mine. It looks really great, it's comfortable, it's got good Amazon reviews, I'd recommend it highly.

Thanks.

For large dogs, your best bet is to either get one of the large pillow type beds, or go and get a big old blanket. Preferably one that smells like you. Your dog will love it. But you have to respect that it will become his own.

I'd recommend K9 ballistics / Big Barker - both brands produce the best dog beds that are chewproof and tough. If you're looking for design, though, I HIGHLY recommend Harry Barker - one of my favorite brands - they use hemp for most of their beds and they look and feel pretty exquisite.

From what I learned is that dog beds don't last long bed that. You could try the flat beds that look like pillows. Costco has them for $20.00.

Personally i think either Black Lab, Smooth Collies, or a Malamute are the vary best breeds!!