John Green books? ......?

I was just wondering if John Green's books like The Fault In Our Stars and Looking For Alaska are more targeted towards teens or adults. Basically is it like Nicolas Sparks because I don't particularly like his books as much.

Thanks!

Best Answer

I’d say his books--at least those two, because those are the only I’ve read--are targeted more towards teens. They can be read by both, but they’re written from the perspectives of teenagers. And noooo, they’re not like Nicolas Sparks books at all, haha. The writing style is definitely different and the characters in Looking for Alaska especially have, well, unique and bold personalities. Both Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars do have sad endings (sorry if you didn’t know already) but they’re not as...should I say, serious?....as Nicolas Sparks books. John Green’s books have a lot of humor in them. They do have a little romance (at least The Fault in Our Stars does) but definitely not as much as Nicolas Sparks’ books.

By the way, The Fault in Our Stars is written from the eyes of a girl cancer victim and Looking for Alaska is from the point of view of your typical teenage boy. Just saying.

And maybe I’m just biased, but I love John Green’s books. If you’re looking for both humor and tragedy and doses of reality, read his books. His books definitely make you...feel something.

Actually John Green Books can be read by either Adults or YA but I think it was targeted for YA, I wouldn't say that Nicolas Sparks and John Green are alike they both vary in their writing styles and numerous of Sparks books the main theme is Romance but Green, well try it.

I read looking For Alaska, I loved it but some people may find it a bore to read so who knows what you will think.