Kalie asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

2 Texas Longhorn football players, Case McCoy and Jordan Hicks, accused of sexual assault?

This accusation of assault doesn't make much sense to me. This young woman met a couple of guys at a bar in San Antonio. They had a few drinks and then she invites them both back to her hotel room. She is claiming that she was then sexually assaulted by both of men around 2:15am Friday morning.

Don't get me wrong, if a woman says "No" then the answer is "No," but why did she put herself in that position? She invited two men she just met to her hotel room at 2:00 in the morning. What in the world was she thinking? If someone you just met asked you to go to their hotel room, how would you take that?

No doubt there is much more to this story but based on what we know right now, I am personally finding it difficult to believe her claim of sexual assault. Even though I believe this is a false allegation, I respect the decision coach Mack Brown made to suspend both players for the bowl game. The suspension is not over the accusations of assault but rather over team rules that were broken. Coach Brown has not stated which team rules were broken. Coach Brown has never made exceptions for any player through his years at TEXAS. Key player or not, if you break the team's rules, you are out.

According to ESPN, the story reported was as follows:

Texas quarterback Case McCoy and linebacker Jordan Hicks have been suspended and sent home a day before the Valero Alamo Bowl for breaking team rules, a source within the school's administration told ESPN.com. On Friday morning, KENS-TV in San Antonio quoted San Antonio police as saying that two Texas players were being investigated regarding sexual assault allegations.

No charges have been filed. A copy of a police report emailed to ESPN.com states the alleged incident occurred from 2 to 2:40 a.m. Friday.

Matthew Porter of the San Antonio police told HornsNation's Carter Strickland that no arrests have been made at this time. This alleged assault is still under investigation and then will be handed over to the district attorney.

• Cu Tie
    Best Answer

For me, the reason why I cannot take these accusations seriously is the fact that one of the accused is Case McCoy, the younger brother of legendary Texas Longhorns quarterback Colt McCoy. Had it been another player, I might have given the accusations some credibility.

incredible now i think of Alabama/Florida/Texas are all exceedingly lots at an equivalent point. each and each has had off video games and each and each has had blow outs. If issues flow as planned Texas performs the winner of the UF/'Bama sport which at this factor I could desire to grant the sting to 'Bama. 3 weeks in the past i could have given the sting to Florida yet simply by fact the concussion the gators have looked extra advantageous than somewhat susceptible. i think of UF has a miles better front 4 than bama, yet i think of the popular high quality of bama's D is better and the bama O is definitely enjoying better while McElroy can thrown. UT could lots particularly play 'Bama than UF nevertheless as they matchup better against the Tide than the Gators. i think of interior the tip nevertheless we are able to work out 'Bama vs UT interior the call sport, nonetheless have 2 or 3 unbeatens different than those 2 interior the precise 5 and the actual push in the direction of a playoff gadget will start up.